does anyone...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by aki, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aki

aki Well-Known Member

does anyone feel that nobody understands you? for real, don't just say so. I feel like an alien compared with everyone I've ever met. :mellow:

I guess that's the reality of the whole 'unique' thing. But everyone else seems to be having a great time and it's like I'm seperated from them or something.
  2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I feel that no-one understands me, but not because everyone's having a great time, but beacuse no one I have ever met has had a similar thought process/experience/views/beliefs as me. No one has ever been like me I haven't seen.
    I don't know if there is anyone out there like me. There are people that have been through similar things, but I don't know.

Not everyone is out having a great time. For one, think of how much we rely on for our "happiness." Most people just zone out in front of a TV and have so much distraction they never stop to ever be with themselves. Most people I doubt are even really human. At least you can feel something, and are aware that everything is not peachy.

I hope coming here helps though. It certainly helps me. That and going to for the weird stuff :)
  3. aki

aki Well-Known Member

Oh yeah thats exactly what I meant really. I just couldn't word it. Like I get called weird a lot. Well it's good to know someone else in the world feels the same way :) Coming on here does help me, but I feel different from people on here as well, most of the time.
  4. I have. I actually found someone just like me, for all of my weirdness- my out of touch lifestyle (no seriously, I'm pretty strange)..who the fuck would have ever thought? It sucks that she is gone...for now at least. Still, let that encourage you. For years and years I felt desolate and alone, and then magically a person that understood me perfectly appeared. Never give up looking! Tomorrow you may meet them.
  5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

You're not weird. No one's weird. If people think you're weird, it's because they don't know who they are.
    It's one thing to know that and another to feel it I know. I don't often share my beliefs because they are so far from the norm. It's hard to be who you are in a world where so many are wearing masks.
  6. aki

aki Well-Known Member

thanks =] that's a really nice post. I hope that'll happen. And maybe we'll have a deeper connection than usual because of how we feel and are and how we've been treated. Thankyou for saying that, it helps.

thanks as well =]
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

I don't mind if nobody understands me. I don't think I understand myself. If I ask myself the question "Who am I?" I don't really have any answers. I don't really know what I think or believe so if somebody says "I understand you" then I think they're wrong. But that's maybe a good thing, because we're so unique, and that uniqueness is a good thing. Astrology and psychology tries to stick people into narrow categories, but we cannot be categorised so simply. Nobody else sees things like you see them or understands them like you understand them, and that's what makes your life so precious.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2008
  8. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I think everyone feels like that sometimes. :hug: I sure have.

As for everyone else having a great time...Hmmm...lots of people are "followers", who do/think/say what everyone around them is doing/thinking/saying. I think that when followers get together, it's quite likely that only some people are truly having fun and the rest are having fun because that's what the group is doing...Herd mentality.

I prefer the company of honest and kind people who are creative, flexible, and original thinkers...I find the herd becomes too rigid and, as fromthatshow points out, they're wearing masks.
  9. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

i know what you mean, i can tell there is a difference from me and most people but what can you do
  10. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Iknow what you mean, but I don't give people that oppurtunity to think any thing about me. I would be in the middle of saying something and my mind will go blank and I loose all train of thought. So rather than being uncomfortable and self consous I just stay to my self and don't talk to anyone.(except here on the forum).
  11. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Yes... Most of the time I feel like I am some sort of strange monster that mutated from normality. I feel as if I am not human... I've never felt human.

Humans are both evil and cruel.
    I'd rather be my own species then have to live with humans.
    Nothing last forever.... Everything will die and fade.
    Humans too will eventually disappear from the universe.
  12. aki

aki Well-Known Member

thanks everyone :) this has really helped me out.
  13. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

HELLLLO, WEIRDO!!! NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN :Jumpy: :flowers:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.