Does anyones mood change so quickly?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Rachael41, Jun 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rachael41

Rachael41 Well-Known Member

Most of the time i am sad or depressed :( and feelin really low..
    but there are those rare on occasion, moments when i get this feelin in my gut? and i dont no why, but for some reason it feels like can b something simple like seein my dyin mother have enough strength to brush her hair, or watchin the tv? ??

I dont know hw to explain it but one minute i can feel like this and feel asthough i can cope ? then someone will do the smallest thing and i just ..change?
    I was wonderin if anyone has any ideas of what this is?

This is a really stupid example but the other night my dad was making my dinner, and i told him i didnt like mashed potato.but what does he fuckin do ? he gives me mashed potato............. i no this is a really stupid example? but tiny things like this actually make me break down and cut myself?
    I just want to know if anyone else experiences this? and if they do? hw they cope with it?

I read somewhere that symptoms of bipolar are mood swings? could this b it?
    please help :(
  2. Lady Byron

Lady Byron Well-Known Member

I feel the same way all the time. I can be super happy one minute and raging the next. I think it might be bpd. Do you know if it's genetic? Because some people in my family actually have it. How do I cope? Well, recently, I started cutting again, but that really doesn't solve anything, so I've been doing things that push me to my physical/mental limit (i.e. swimming, running, exerising, reading, etc.). I don't really know how else to cope.
  3. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

i go through mood changes too. difference between yours and mine is that i don't have to have anything happen for my mood to go south or up. i use to be labeled with bipolar but within the last two years they lifted that diagnosis. so honestly i'm not so sure that what you experience is for sure bpd. it could be i'm not saying it's not, but it could be something else. do you get in to see a dr or a therapist?

please take care and stay safe
  4. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

My mood can change within an hour. I can be at dog club with my dog feeling really happy. You know that happy feeling you feel in your chest. Then someone has a go at me about how my dog is performing, and I think, "I want to die", then I go and buy things I shouldn't be buying from the hardware shop. I am grieving and I have work problems as well on my mind. Really silly things. Now I am thinking that I have to get away from things that get me upset. Then there will be nothing for me to do on the weekends. I used to really love training my dogs, now I just can't get into anymore since my daughter died. I used to practice everyday, now I just do the classes.

I try and hide how upset I am from my husband but he is starting to twig. Last Wednesday I was thinking of leaving this planet, but he didn't go to CFA training that night. He found some alcohol which I had hidden in the garage. I don't drink, but it was the same brand and flavour of alcohol that my daughter took before she died.

I saw "The Happening" at the movies yesterday. It showed about 6 different ways of killing yourself in the first 30 minutes. Definately not a movie to see if you don't want to be triggered.
  5. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

can you tell your doctor about the mood swings? i also have mood swings, perhaps not switching as quickly as yours. i am now on two mood stabilizers. they are really helping.

labels are just a shortcut - best advice i had from a friend was focus on the treatment. figure out what combo of action and medication and support work best for you.

a doctor will do a comprehensive history and decide if you are bipolar or not. for now keep track of your moods so that when you go to the doctor you can accurately explain how you have been feeling.
  6. GaiaMischief

GaiaMischief Well-Known Member

Yeah. I'm feeling generally very happy these days but all it takes is one event for me to swing back down into depression. I try to keep that in mind, hoping it doesn't happen.

The good news is that it doesn't mean you're bipolar...mood swings aren't exclusive to it. If it's bothering you, I would seek a diagnosis from a doctor to know for sure
  7. supermodel

supermodel Well-Known Member

I feel the same frigging way. Like yesterday i was having the time of my life..and now I just left my girlfriend's house in tears...there's a reason for that wasn't just random...but I just want the stupid suicidal thoughts to just go out of my head for good. My biggest fear is that I succumb to them. During a weak moment.
  8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Yes I suffer from mood swings. I ran out of meds and had about a week before I could get them refilled.I was snapping at everyone. When I got my meds refilled it was like someone turned my way of thinking back to normal speed. You know I just thought of something. I went off the deep end when I got some news that totally sent me over the edge. I wonder if being off the meds for a week may have helped trigger it. So if you are mood swinging be very careful and tell your doc. Mood swings can trigger other emotions. well good luck...:chopper:...
  9. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

thats how i feel sometimes
    its like, youre really happy and then whatever someone else says gets you depressed.

ex. i got my phone cerfew taken away and i was all happy
    then my dad tells me to clean my room <--happiness goes away.

i dont know why it happens, but it just does :/
  10. thebrain

thebrain Well-Known Member

I have the exact same thing. My coworkers even noticed it during the first week of work. It'll happen like 5 times within an hour. I'll be super hyper and happy and then completely pissed off. Or, in other cases, I'll be really giddy and hyper around my boyfriend and one little thing will just set me spiraling down and I'll get super depressed. The depression stages tend to last longer though.
  11. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I have some issues with moodiness. But I have only a few different moods and the differences between them are not extreme. I pretty much stay on a level plane. Albeit one of pretty much constant depression.
  12. super_dave31

super_dave31 Member

yes, im like it at the moment

ive had a few days of 'normality' but i know it wont be long before my head starts going crazy again ...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.