Does anything really matter?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by SuperBo, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperBo

SuperBo Well-Known Member

Does anything in life really matters? dont we all just die eventully? why stay alive for more years of pointless drama and hurt?

2. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

i understand your sentiments, i think like that as well

i think we stay alive in the of hope that we will experience a moment of happiness.

3. SuperBo

What if there was no happiness?

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Then you look for something that makes you happy :)

Do you have family that you care for,friends? :)

5. SuperBo

Sure, but they dont exactly care for me.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:sad: I'm sorry.

Well..if it counts for anything, the people on sf care about you. You can always PM me anytime you want.

I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your original question. I often feel that way too :hug:

7. SuperBo

Thanks. I apprecate it.. doesnt matter though .. im just being a stupid emo

8. MeAndYou

MeAndYou Well-Known Member

Ha....
    Well I agree with you though. Nothing matters at all by default. But to make life worth experiencing (whether you enjoy it or not/happy or not) people create things that matter to them (work/family/friends/drugs/sex/drama the list goes on...)

9. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

Yeah, unfortenately for us all we're guaranteed in life is death.

The rest just comes inbetween.

Nothing technically matters; it just depends what you make of it.

10. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

If my future contained guranteed pointless drama and hurt, I would most certainly end my life tonight.
    But can you be certain that is what your future entails? Certainly not, or you wouldn't have stuck around to make this post!
    Somewhere in you there is a light. Focus on it wherever it is, intensify it. Explore something new.
    :hug: :heart:

11. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Although we all will eventually turn to dust and ashes, what we make of our lives is entirely up to us and yes, we do matter. I'm sure that we're here for a reason.

12. Shiroi_Hana

Shiroi_Hana Well-Known Member

This is something I'm constantly debating, but I am trying to convince myself that even though lots of aspects of life do seem ridiculous and pointless, there are things that matter despite all of the hardship and disappointment. I'm trying to teach myself to believe that if something matters to you, then it matters, period.

13. MeAndYou

MeAndYou Well-Known Member

Bingo. Things dont matter at all until we make them matter. Which means we have complete control over our lives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.