Does Christmas you feel even worse?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Kaos General, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

So its that time of year again where every man and his dog is preparing for christmas. So what does it mean to you or is it just yet another day of the year to feel even worse?

Me personally i think the grinch had the right idea

2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I have four goddamn family Christmases thanks to divorce and remarriage. I'm not great with people, and my families are aggressive in socialization with me. It is far and away the most stressful time of the year for me and I hate it with a passion.

I have skipped it altogether the last two years; this year I may go to a single thing with my girlfriend because it worked out quite well for Thanksgiving.

3. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I hate Christmas. if it wasn't for my kid I wouldn't even celebrate it in any way.

4. LogDork

LogDork Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Thanksgiving is more hellish for me than christmas

5. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I haven't liked Christmas since my Mum and Dad died and this is the first one coming up since I lost my son and also the anniversary of his death..

So i don't want to 'do' christmas ever again..

6. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

My family hasn't been big on Christmas since we were babies. Most the time we just have a nice dinner with the grandparents, and we are not in contact with the rest of the family really.

This year my parents and grandparents are going overseas so not doing anything at all.

I kind of wish sometimes for a big close family who had nice Christmas'.

7. Nyu

Nyu Well-Known Member

Well, ever since my father died three years ago I haven't celebrated Christmas at all since my mom isn't much of a holiday person. This year though, my older brother will be here for Christmas since he's getting out of the army and we'll be going to my aunts. So I'm actually looking forward to it I think :), even if it is somewhat stressful being around family and pretending to be normal.

8. Roots

Roots Well-Known Member

I despise Christmas. Not even sure why, but I think it might have something to do with that every year when my family gets together they argue more than ever. It's not a good time of the year. I guess I kind of dislike my family, or more; their bickering. Not looking forward to Christmas, and it's been like this for like five or six years.

9. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I am conflicted by the holidays...to see people enjoy their gifts is joyous for me but I always feel estranged from all the other ceremony/tradition...will probably always be on the fence...J

10. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

Its just another day for me. I stay in my room listening to everyone enjoying themselves.

11. GoingGone89

GoingGone89 Member

I'm dreading it,
    I won't be doing much anyway
    probably stay home, ignore my friends phone calls, messages
    and tell them I was busy with family later (even though I wasn't)

12. MiraWolf95

MiraWolf95 Account Closed

^ Same here. I actually don't mind Christmas and I look forward to it. Its just something always goes wrong on Christmas I don't know why. I can't hate it though. I mainly despise Thanksgiving. Seems like all people I know do that day is over stuff their greedy faces, pass gas on the sofa while watching football and go to sleep. They don't even give much thanks to anything else other than the food, nor do they understand the background behind that day, which bothers me. I'm pessimistic about Thanksgiving I know. Christmas though I'm oddly optimistic about.

13. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

I ued to despise Christmas, but over the last few years I've strangely come to love it. I am all too aware of the people I might hurt if I succeed in killing myself, so Christmas is a good opportunity for me to show them that I do love them. I also absolutely love decorating the house - it lets me live in a fantasy world, where everything is sitcom-perfect.

I spend Christmas with my grandparents because if I didn't, they wouldn't have a Christmas at all. This year will be hard though because my grandmother is now in a nursing home, so who knows how things will turn out.

Mim

14. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Christmas can be 'ok' at times. But having to have christmas day lunch with dads side of the family sucks. Even though it's just his mum and dad. They're fucking annoying :laugh:

Mums side is fine. It just depends where we have it and how pissed I'm feeling at the time. Other then that I usually just don't say a word and wait till we can go back home :|

15. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

i like celebrating it with friends more than family, but i generally don't mind it.

16. down-and-maybeout

down-and-maybeout Well-Known Member

To be honest, Christmas comes and goes and I hardly notice a thing. When I'm out in town I'm not engaged enough with my surroundings to really notice whatever decorations are up around the shops, and at home we don't put up any decorations, buy presents or anything like that. So... really, Christmas hardly even exists for me.

Just the way I like it :eek:)

17. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I love the atmosphere when it's not stressful, because everyone is just so happy and joyful. It's amazing to sense that sort of atmosphere, wherever you go. As for christmas itself though, it doesn't bother me. I normally sit up in my room with some video games or something. I wouldn't say I didn't like it though, and it doesn't make me feel any worse at all.

18. Tonks

Tonks Active Member

This Christmas I am not spending it with family. My Dad has disowned me, and the rest of the family is having Christmas at my parents house. So even if I wanted to spend time with them, I couldn't because of him. Dunno, I'll probably put together a small overnight party with some friends who have family in other countries that I know, who can't afford to fly home for Christmas, since college is raping their wallets already.

19. PiecesMended

PiecesMended Well-Known Member

I love christmas because I get to see people's reactions when I give them their gifts. And one of the few things I am good at is knowing what will make others feel better. I like the holiday because me and my friends do our shopping together and hang out more plus we have our own lil Yule thing because two of my best friends are Pagan and one is Wiccan which I love.
    I hate christmas because my family bugs me. I feel most under-valued at christmas. I miss celebrating it but my mum doesnt want to celebrate it then the rest of us can't - been like that for about 4-5 years.

20. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

i thought i was gonna be ok
    dont think i will be now though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.