Does death scare you?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ashla86, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashla86

ashla86 Active Member

I was having major suicidal thoughts today... I had a plan and everything, I wasn't sure when I was going to do it but I was going to make it look like an accident. I was thinking about making everyone think I seem really happy and I was thinking about buying a puppy and then doing it the next day so that it looks completely shocking that I'm dead because I had just bought this puppy. (BTW my mom would take the puppy if I died so it would still have a good home) I don't know if there allowed to say how we would do it so I won't, I'll keep that out but I had a good plan.

Then I started thinking about people in my family and then DEATH. What happens when you die? Are people who really kill themselves doomed for all eternity? It kind of scared me and I stopped thinking about it. Although i still want to do it, i'm just scared of what happens when DEATH comes.
  2. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

well i will give you my two cents...

Am i afraid of death ? No...

What happens when you die? I do not know because i have not died yet but almost did...

Do i recommend you take your own life? no... i dont recommend you take your life or anyone else take theirs...

if you are scared of it then you really do not want to die but to stop the pain.. and coming here to talk is the first step.. take care..
  3. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I'm kinda backwards in the sense that life scares me and the thought of death comforts me.
  4. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

you know that sort of describs me a little..

cause with my death , the pain will stop so i guess you could say that is comfort in it.

in death that is ..
  5. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what's after death, or if there's anything at all, we're all pretty much in the same boat as far as that's concerned. But I'll say that actual dying is a little scary, but only because I don't know how it will happen and I'm not good with pain. What's after death is more frightening to me, logic points to just oblivion, while this comforts some it scares me. The thought of not existing anywhere scares me. It's like trying to remember time before you were born, like hitting a mental dead end. I don't know, it just doesn't make it for me.
  6. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Well, I'm agnostic so death doesn't so much scare me as it perplexes me. What is the nature of it? Nobody can know.

My basic belief is that death is the absolute, utter end. I can't really wrap my mind around how whatever this is that makes me, me could just cease to be but that's what I really believe. I see no evidence of anything else. So, naturally, this isn't a thought that I find appealing. My thoughts of dying were always as an escape from an unpleasant existance. But in my philosophy, you don't escape if you die. Because death is the end. Nothing. I want to go somewhere else. But there is nowhere else to go. I don't believe in heaven or hell. Or anything for sure. :huh:
  7. markc

markc Active Member

Ask me again in 5 days.

I'm still leading with my heart. If I don't answer, it'll be because got it right on the second try. If I DO answer, it'll be because she threw me a lifeline.

- Mark
  8. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

I Think For Some Of Us Its More A Case Of Making The Pain In The Intense Feelings Stop Not Always About Making Life Stop
    But When We Have Those Intense Feelings Sometimes The Only Option Seems To Be Death The Only Final Way To Stop The Pain
    But We Must Remember That Is Final No Turning Around And Thinking We Have Made A Mistake It Will Be To Late So Maybe The Fight Is Worth Fighting
    No Im Not Afraid Of Dying Anymore

Sorry About Cap Locks
  9. corral

corral Guest

it used to years ago. now it doesnt. the only thing that scares me is to die when im finally happy and want to live.
  10. iracund

iracund Antiquities Friend

am i scared of death? hell no.

am i going to intentionally going to try to turn up on death's door uninvited again? i don't plan to today or tomorrow anyway.

do i think death is painful? yes. yes, i do.

woukd that fear of death deter me if i once again felt that desperate? hell no.
  11. -Deception-

-Deception- Well-Known Member

Death is just another path, one that we all must take. Following that logic, death should be as real as our experience of life. Of course noone can really know this.

I've embraced death. I don't feel any fear when I think about it. Come what may.

What you shouldn't do is try to visualize and imagine what death, heaven, hell etc. is like. Such conundrums are far beyond what your feeble human mind can grasp.
  12. kyo

kyo Member

I'm not scared of death really. What I'm scared of is what will happen with the ones that knew me once I'm really dead. The only imaginable person I could think would care about if I died is my mother, and if I commit suicide, I don't want her to do the same just because of the sorrow if I die... well... that's the thing I'm most scared with "death", the part to die I'm not scared of...
  13. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

I'm not scared of death, but I'm scared of the events leading up to my death.
  14. corral

corral Guest

can i ask another question here?
    what do you guys believe happens after death?
  15. LostMyMind

This is what I believe..

"As the embodied soul continuously passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death." (Bhagavad Gita 2.13)

"As a person puts on new garments, giving up old ones, the soul similarly accepts new material bodies, giving up the old and useless ones." (Bhagavad Gita 2.22)

16. Azul

Azul Well-Known Member

I am kind of scared. I don't know what death is like. Probably is nothing. I mean you don't exist anymore, your consciousness ceases to be. But that's scary also.
  17. Obsessive

Obsessive Well-Known Member

The way I see it, there is nothing after death. Death simply means you cease to exist. Where does a house go when it burns down? What happens to a battery when it runs out of juice? I don't see humans as much different than robots, we're just made of organic materials and chemicals rather than metal and circuits. People just like to be optimistic and pretend that we're somehow special; that we'll be achieving something great by treading through a meaningless existence.
  18. Financier

Financier Member

I'm not scared of death, because it seems to be my only solace from our everyday hell.

I think with death comes the most pure form of nothing. The black-hole-esque eternity of nothingness. I realize some people look down on the viewpoint of a suicidal mind- but I think we've got a unique view of life and the 'hereafter' whatever we individually believe it to be (or not be).

19. Jess_21

Jess_21 Active Member

Along time ago, it feels like forever, i was afraid of death. Now i would praise death, if someone said i could die right this instant i would be soo happy. Death is something i wish for every day now. Whta scares me now is tomorrow.
  20. LostMyMind

I should reword this.. I am not scared of death but I am scared of PAIN.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.