Does Drinking Make you Feel Better?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by LillMy8989, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

ITS MY ONLY AND ONLY MEDICINE TO GET BETTER AND FORGET THIS SHIT AWAY.

What Is your opinion?

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Nope. It makes me reckless and that's why I don't drink as a rule. Alcohol is a depressant and really only makes people feel worse over the long haul. :hug:

3. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Well-Known Member

At first alcohol makes me feel happy, then it makes me feel very miserable. I don't drink alone any more because every time I have, I have ended up self harming.

4. GreyCat

GreyCat Well-Known Member

I love drinking, and it always makes me feel better, but the hangovers are too bad unfortunately so it isn't worth it anymore. Sad fact of growing old!!!

5. daveyjones

daveyjones Member

I try to only drink on weekends but its a monday and I am now down 1 cider, 1 glass of wine, 1 glass of strong pimms. and thinking of more. It is a depressant and does not make me feel better but it makes me sleep. some hangovers from the mix can be crappy though. :(

6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

It depends on what I'm drinking, how much, what kind of mood I'm in beforehand, and who I'm around. I've found that malt liquor usually makes me more suicidal and paranoid though.

7. Syn

Syn Well-Known Member

Like any coping method, I find the release to be temporary. Problems have to be faced head on, or they never go away. At least that's what I've seen through my experiences.

8. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Sometimes it makes me feel better. Other times it makes me feel worse.

Sometimes it makes me feel numb. Other times it's the only way for me to feel anything at all.

9. JV3

JV3 Well-Known Member

I don't drink in excess, so when I do have a drink, I'm usually trying to relax and calm down. I drink kinda slow too. If I've had a stressful day at work I'll mix me something that night close to when I go to bed, maybe a white russian or something. It usually helps me sleep.

10. letty

letty Banned Member

If I dont drink too much it helps me at times, it does depend on what thoughts i am having,

11. Silverpuddle

Silverpuddle SF Author

Alcohol nearly always makes me feel better, but it's damaging my body. I've had to quit drinking because of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.