Does everything happen for a reason?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by TaraB3ar, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaraB3ar

TaraB3ar Well-Known Member

I personally think so. Its hard to see it when you're going through something but I really do believe there is a purpose. Even if the something 'good' that resulted from your bad didn't benefit you. Like when I was 15 and got hit by a car while I was on my bike. Its easy to think 'why did this happen?' But I mean really i didn't die and I wasn't that seriously hurt but maybe that driver would have hit someone else in the future and killed them, but because they hit me they're more careful now...or like my mother's miscarriage. If she had had the baby her and my dad would have stayed together longer, and remained unhappy. But because she didnt have the baby they divorced. That may not sound like a good thing, but I want my parents to be happy.

Do any of you have a story where something good came from something bad? Or could have?

2. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

no that would imply there is a god but there is no god

3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Ann Landers once wrote, "life punishes us, then teaches us the lesson."

4. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

God doesn't have anything to do with it. There is always a reason, and the simplest is Cause & Effect. Even so, that doesn't mean that everything is planned, or destined to happen. Healthy people get cancer, appliances break and buildings fall to the ground. These are just examples, and you can find a reason for all of them, but only on a base mechanical level.

Oh, and good post Chargette, I'll remember that one.

5. depleted_soul

depleted_soul Well-Known Member

No, I don't believe everything happens foe a reason. There are some things that I think have no rhyme or reason to them at all. Others may disagree but I guess it's a matter of how you choose to look at things.

6. cincinnati

cincinnati Guest

There is no justice in life, only in death. Death is a justice too wonderful to comprehend, a reward I don't deserve. I endure because I respect death, I live to become worthy of death.

7. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

The planet is being helped due to people starving to death daily. It keeps down the population to an extent.

Yessiree, thank fate for such occurrences.

8. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

Is it better to feed the starving and overpopulate the world, or leave them to die so the rest can survive?

9. asking_advice

asking_advice Well-Known Member

life is random..

10. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

nope, it's all cause and effect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.