Does it bother you when people on t.v. pray to God?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by boo, Nov 4, 2010.

?

Does it bother you when people on t.v. pray to God?

1. No I'm sure they pray like that even without the cameras.

8.7%
  2. Yes, God doesn't care about stuff like that.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't really care one way or another.

52.2%
  4. I'm not religous but it is more than a little annoying.

17.4%
  5. I would like to thank god for boo's poll... Here's a cookie boo, now gtfo.

21.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Does it bother you when contestants on t.v. shows pray to God to help them through their losing streak or tough time they are having in the game? Or thanking god after winning an award?

Although i don't believe in any god, it still pisses me to no end when someone thank god for letting them win this or that award. I mean, how irritating is that, to think a god would spend his oh so valuable time to perform a miracle to let some punk win an award for singing a song called "Bitch imma kill you"? Instead of, well you know saving the people with illness, like erm i dunno? ME!?
    Yea, that's right, that would be very sad.

Sometime i wish the whole "Don't use my name in vain" to be true, so god would send an lighting bolt up their asses. :spaz:

Please, dear people who are fortunate enough to get recognition from your peers, grab your award and gtfo... :dry:

2. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

take your cookie and gtfo Boo :wink:

3. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Words can't describe how much i hate you.

4. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

me love you long time now send me that bottle

5. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

No since I don't believe in God.
    Though I can't help but laugh at how ridiculous both MMA fighters and Boxers look when they thank the lord after they win a fight in the post fight interview.

6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

:biggrin: :laugh:

Agree!!

7. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

it kinda mildly annoying but the most i do is just roll my eyes and maybe change the channel...then i give boo a cookie and tell him to gtfo....

8. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Not hurting/oppressing me or anyone else, Im not one for telling people how to live their life. I can't tell them they are wrong nor can they to me.

9. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

No, whatever works for them.

Although if i am feeling particularly cynical i'll say to myself, that it has nothing to do with any bloody god.

10. Withdrawn

Withdrawn Well-Known Member

I believe in God and people praying on television don't disturb me.

11. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

It doesn't bother me at all. It's all acting. If I was to hate on that since they wouldn't normally pray to God, I'd have to hate on those serial killers, because they don't normally go around murdering people.

12. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Very, very, very , VERY rarely, I just take a peek for laughs to get my day going on a light note and I am outta there. So, no...it doesn't bother me.

13. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

what I really can't stand is when they have 'healings' and fall into someones arms and are cured..
    If only it were that simple!

14. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

LOLOLOLOLOL

Yea that makes me laugh...the so called exorcisms? Or healings? Yea...but I guess the 'religious' like to watch the ABC and SBS at 4 in the morning. No offence but it's incredibly amusing having a preacher talk about the bible and what it says.

As for praying, I haven't really 'seen' anyone on TV actually pray.....then again, Australia isn't really a religious country. America is so entwined/blinded by their beliefs that they can't think or converse straight.

My 2 cents I guess.

:)

15. Ptitz

Ptitz Well-Known Member

it doesnt bother me cause i never watch it. i dont think it would bother me if i watched it either.

16. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

I would get really scared if I saw our government minister for economy on TV praying for miracle... :eeek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.