Does it Count?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by EMergency, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EMergency

EMergency Active Member

I have and still do cut but very rarely, I have another way of hurting myself... which I seem to do a lot. I was just wondering if it still counts as self harming?

I have a skin condition called psoriasis, it's not very nice and can be very itchy and sore. I seem to make it worse by picking at it and making it bleed. I don't actually need to do it, as creams and meds could actually make it better. Part of doesn't want it to go as I have found its a way of hurting myself without actually taking a blade to my skin. Also should people ask about the scars, I have the perfect excuse!

Even now, right this minute... I've just pick my whole body red raw and left it bleeding. It hurts like hell, but feels so good. It doesn't look very nice at all, I normally cover up my body totally.

Is it wrong of me to love this, this can't be right can it?
  2. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

well this, like cutting its another way to slef harm hun, and it does count. Every time you enjoy the wrong you do to your body, you´re self harming. Think about that, and try to stop doing it before it gets dangerous=D I´m here
  3. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

If you are picking the scars as an alternative to cutting then yes I'd class that as self harm. Do you want to talk about why you feel the urges to hurt yourself? Do you have anyone you can talk to? I won't fire questions at you, just know if you wanna talk about anything we're here. :hug:
  4. EMergency

EMergency Active Member

Well it's not scabs or scars, it's my skin, i'm actually pulling my skin off and making it bleed.
    Still doing it, i've bee doing it for years. i'm 27 now and i've had this since i was 10.
    Think it's too late to stop, guess i'm going to be doing this forever.
  5. Broken Wings

Broken Wings Well-Known Member

It's never too late to stop.

Good luck.
  6. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

broken wings is right!
    and it does count because in some way you`re hurting yourself!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.