Does it ever get better?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lookingforhope, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't know whether I'm posting in the correct section of the forum. I am feeling very discouraged. I went back on medication this week, and I feel like a failure. I have been through a lot of treatment, including long-term inpatient treatment, and the revolving door of the local mental health unit, but I don't ever seem to feel better. I mean, I suppose that's not completely true. I have felt better, but never for extended periods of time. I always end up in this really dark place of feeling suicidal. I hate it here, and I hate these thoughts. I know that I don't really want to die, but I live in constant fear that I will act on these thoughts. In the past, I have always given in, because I truly believed that I wanted to die, but that's no longer the case. I have the coping skills to get through these tough times, but I'm exhausted from fighting. I just want to feel like myself again.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I think many of us know this battle well, hanging on during the darker times...that is why support and caring are so important...please continue to post and tell us what is going on...big hugs, J

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey it does get better in time just new meds coming out all time If your medication is not working too great ask doctor about the newer ones out there
    Depression it sucks big time but you know the good times can come around because you have had them before. Hold on to those thoughts okay the good times and know they will come back. Therapy and meds do work and having people to talk too is even better People here are very kind keep reaching out here okay when you are low keep posting the sadness away it helps take care Just want to say HI and WElcome

4. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

It is an exhausting battle, and its hard to see an end in sight to all the things you are feeling, but people tell me things do get better, even if they get worse first, eventually things get better. I wish i could tell you when that will be, but I can't.

I can relate to a lot of what you wrote, you are not the only one going through this, I hope that helps you feel less alone and willing to talk more about your feelings and thoughts. It does help to feel connected to others, even if they are suffering as well.

I dont know about you, but when I was in the hospital, sometimes it felt good to be around other people who understood the pain. I hope you can find some connections here in the forum.

take care
    tricia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.