Does it ever get better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does life ever seem to get any better? December of 2006 my partner of 12 years died due to the flesh eating bacteria. 9 months later I was involved in an accident that killed a 17 yr old. October of last year I lost my job. I got evicted, my car repossessed and attempted suicide. Right out of the hospital I was put in a group home for people with a mental illness. I'm still here and nothing changes. I'm no better off then I was before, when my partner died I died, my just hasn't realized it yet. I'm tired of the misery and I'm just ready to die.

Does life ever seem to get any better? December of 2006 my partner of 12 years died due to the flesh eating bacteria. 9 months later I was involved in an accident that killed a 17 yr old. October of last year I lost my job. I got evicted, my car repossessed and attempted suicide. Right out of the hospital I was put in a group home for people with a mental illness. I'm still here and nothing changes. I'm no better off then I was before, when my partner died I died, my just hasn't realized it yet. I'm tired of the misery and I'm just ready to die.
they should put you in a therapy group known as grief healing group.. A group of people who are grieving or have recovered from grieving for a loved one due to suicide or any incidents will be in a group to help counsel and provide emotional support for each other.. Ask to be put in that group..

:hug: Hope to hear from you again.. Take care..:hugtackles:

I love marathon-addict's suggestion.

:hugtackles:

R.I.P. SusieOl's partner

I am sorry to hear of your loss.

Alex
We have such group in singapore known as Healing bridge group.. They also conduct monthly face-to-face sessions; comprising of professional counsellors, those who have recovered from grievances, those who are still grieving.. That's how i know of such group..

:)

Speedy

Staff Alumni
We have such group in singapore known as Healing bridge group.. They also conduct monthly face-to-face sessions; comprising of professional counsellors, those who have recovered from grievances, those who are still grieving.. That's how i know of such group..

:)
Wonderful. Glad to know these groups are widely recognized in other countries. Thanks for sharing what you know about these types groups. :hugtackles: In my state, I have heard of AA (Alcoholics Anonymous - came to talk to us at a hospital once) and CelebrateRecovery (it's a national thing I believe - heard of them from people at a partial hospitalization program I went to in February.) :)

This view may be somewhat radical: I don't think everyone can be made to feel better in the same way. I think some people do get better by introspection, therapy, counselling and so on. But some people I think need to move outwards, to be inside their head less of the time, and to not analyse their thoughts and feelings too much. If you've had years of therapy and it's not getting you anywhere, maybe this is an approach to try. Perhaps try joining activity groups, maybe volunteering for charities, this kind of thing.

I'm not a doctor, so this may well be terrible advice and you should probably ignore me, but it's a thought. Or perhaps balancing the two methods would help as well.

Cant get ahold of my therapist or my psychiatrist. My group home counselors were off today. I guess that's someone's way of telling me my time here is over

Cant get ahold of my therapist or my psychiatrist. My group home counselors were off today. I guess that's someone's way of telling me my time here is over
I do not have an off day yet.. Who say your time is over? I am not on leave yet and not going to be off anytime from this forum so soon..

Keep talking here.. :hug: Until your therapist and counsellor comes back..

chipper

this might help...

after a while, you'll realize that romance fades away
when it does, love is the only thing that can hold a relationship together

after a while, you'll realize that goodbyes are forever
and that waiting, hoping, and believing will never bring the person back

after a while, you'll realize that even the ones that love you the most are capable of hurting you
when they do, forgiveness is sometimes hardest to give to the ones you love the most

after a while, you'll realize that even you are capable of hurting others
and others might forgive you sooner than you will forgive yourself

after a while, you'll realize that the sweetest words and kisses don't always mean anything
when that happens, you'll have no one to blame but yourself for believing in what was never there

after a while, you'll realize that there are dreams that will never come true
and that time is the most indifferent intangible but real thing in your life

after a while, you'll realize that you are bound to fail more often that you thought you are capable of handling, that you are not good enought for some people, that deserving and happening don't always come together, that you will be alone at some point, that you will be at your worst, that your heart can defy your will

when these things happen, remember that you are still alive... so live

- theletters.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00