Does it ever go away?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Vampiress892, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vampiress892

Vampiress892 Active Member

First time I tried to stop cutting I got about a week and a half... then I got triggered and started again. I'm trying to stop again. It's only been about five days... in a few hours six. I can't cut my arms because my mom checks there. But she only checked my legs once. Seeing no cuts or scar's and the fact I told her I am to scared to cut there she believed me. I am scared to cut there cause I know don't know the area in my legs the veins are mostly located.... But the urge to cut, and knowing my mom won't think to check there makes it so tempting... I want to know if I can just ignore it for a while, if it will eventually go away? The overall urge to cut is becoming overwhelming and I don't know how much longer I can keep not cutting.

2. 2-D

2-D Well-Known Member

:hug: i know how that feels :( tho my temptation is to go to my upper arms, cause that way my tshirts will cover the wounds - but as uve said to me, talk to me, so we can keep each other distracted, k? :)

3. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Delaying can be a really good way to learn to deal with the urges. The only way it truly goes away and the urges stop, often, is if the root cause is healed and you don't feel the pain that leads you do it.

Sometimes its not a case of just stopping, more delaying and delaying and delaying, and facing each crisis and getting through it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.