does it ever really end?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by palmtrees, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. palmtrees

palmtrees Well-Known Member

I'm on medication, seeing a therapist, my immediate family knows I've been depressed and suicidal, I'm exercising, weight lifting, eating healthier, sleeping better, but I really don't care about anything anymore. Last year I checked myself in to the emergency room twice; the first time I got sent to a therapist, the second time they basically said they had no room for me that night so I should go back home. I feel hopeless, empty, worthless, meaningless. I get incredibly dark and low and massively suicidal sometimes and just need to talk to somebody, I'll try and call anybody and they're either not there or just can't help me. It hits the worst when a girl I like doesn't like me back (which is every time).

Honestly, does this stuff ever go away?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2008
  2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Yeah. Takes a while. There's something [and indeed, someone] out there... You have to find it.

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forum,
    Some people seeing a therapist helps them put things in perspective and they can go on to live a good quality life. Then there are people who just can't get over it.
    Myself I carry it around with me all the time. I have learned thru therapy how to put it behind me but like I said it just doesn't go away. I will have to carry It around for the rest of my life. I see a shrink, take meds, and see a therapist. All they can do for me is try to contain it. I receive major support when I start slipping backwards. The forum is always there for you.
    You have to get help, you can't do it on your own. If you try to do it with out help all you might do is put a bandaid on it. Eventually that band aid will come off and you are back to square one. If you need to talk one on one just PM one of us and we will try to help. Good Luck!!~Joseph~

4. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

Suicide is a subject that makes a lot of people uncomfortable. Great for breaking up a party.

We're all different, so I don't think it can be said of everyone that the depression will be gone some day. I'm learning to live with the idea that my issues may never go away so I have to have support from people and medications. Are you receiving both? Some people do find freedom from depression, so it might help to focus on that possibility.

The feelings you describe are classic symptoms of depression. If they last longer than a few weeks, you need to find a counsellor to talk with. Even talking to my regular doctor has helped me. You're not alone in your feelings. We understand them through experience. They're really hard to deal with, perhaps impossible to deal with on our own. There are safe people around you who would listen to you and offer encouragement and support. I hope you can find those kinds of people.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.