Does it get better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to wonder if it'll ever get better. So many years feeling like this. There's a piece if hope inside me that I can overcome it, but I just don't know how. I'm just at the point of giving up. I'm just tired of it. Tired of trying. Is there anybody who can tell me it'll trulh get back to normal? Sigh

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi @Tonyman90 It can get better, what steps are you currently doing to help yourself improve and get well again? Make a plan and with each passing day do one thing to improve how you are doing.

No giving up, its not allowed. Do you have a diagnosis? Have you seen a professional? If not, its the wise thing to do.

Wishing you all the best.

I have an appointment on Friday with mental health. I usually just try and utilize some coping mechanism, but with my job having me away I can't really do those things.

I've never been diagnosed...ive always been so embarrassed to even go to mental health and the one time I did I absolutely hated the fake woman that sat in front of me. I'm just so embarrassed...i feel part of it is how I was raised. Oh shut the he'll up and get over it would be a common answer for such a thing in my household growing up. I don't even want to admit it.

lifetalkz

Hello again! Yes, things can get much better. No, they won't get "back to normal". You will discover a path called "the new normal" but it's not a bad path, it's just a different path. You really can overcome so many of the feelings that you live with everyday, but radical shifts in your awareness of yourself and your place in the world have to take place. You have to make yourself and your survival the highest priority for a while-it is extremely important that an intimate, compassionate relationship develops within yourself. But first you have to believe that you're worthy of being your single, best friend and highest priority.

You are. There is no person in your life who is more important to your survival than you are. You're worth fighting for-you're worth doing things differently for-you're worth striving and striving and never stopping until you get to a moment of revelation when you understand it all. You're worth every bit of effort that it will take to turn things around.

But make no mistake-you CAN turn everything around and your life can be totally different than it is now. If you ever have doubts about that possibility, just think about me....I'm living proof that permanent change can happen! Never give up on yourself, even after everyone else has given up on you. You are the missing piece in your lfe. You are all you need to make a new start and make everything different!

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I have an appointment on Friday with mental health.
Be honest with them, there are there to help and guide you. There is nothing to be embarrassed about or ashamed of.

Oh shut the he'll up and get over it would be a common answer for such a thing in my household growing up.
This is the case in many households cos normal joe soaps don't understand mental illness that is why you need to see those professionals and begin to recover from these thoughts. This is a cold world we live in but you can get through it and you will. Never, ever give up on yourself. Where would you like to see yourself in 5 years from now?

Thank you both for the responses...i really appreciate them. I'm sorry for the multiple posts. I feel like I'm being a cry baby. It's so hard for me to do this with people in the real world. I appreciate you taking the time.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thank you both for the responses...i really appreciate them. I'm sorry for the multiple posts. I feel like I'm being a cry baby. It's so hard for me to do this with people in the real world. I appreciate you taking the time.
Keep posting, thats what this forum is for. Post as much as you like, you are cared for here :) (hugs)

Be honest with them, there are there to help and guide you. There is nothing to be embarrassed about or ashamed of.

This is the case in many households cos normal joe soaps don't understand mental illness that is why you need to see those professionals and begin to recover from these thoughts. This is a cold world we live in but you can get through it and you will. Never, ever give up on yourself. Where would you like to see yourself in 5 years from now?
Honestly in 5 years I have no idea. That's another thing on my plate. 27 years old and I have utterly no idea what I want to do in life. I know I'm currently hating every second of my current job but I am getting out of it with hopes of going back to school full time...but I'm quite terrified as I failed out twice. And I have utterly no idea what to do. I'm just lost.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Honestly in 5 years I have no idea. That's another thing on my plate. 27 years old and I have utterly no idea what I want to do in life. I know I'm currently hating every second of my current job but I am getting out of it with hopes of going back to school full time...but I'm quite terrified as I failed out twice. And I have utterly no idea what to do. I'm just lost.
Hugs, I hear ya. I have nothing to show for my useless life. I failed college too twice. But its better to try and fail than never try at all so try again, what would you like to study? At 27 you must have an idea of what you are interested in even if seems far fetched, you can grow and do this :)

lifetalkz

My late twenties was a time of much anxiety for me, too. I think a lot of what you're going through has to do with where you are in the so-called "big picture". Life is very difficult and often complicated. I agree with Petal-there is nothing to apologize for. We've all been there...we've all been cry babies at times. You are not some uniquely failed specimen that is much worse than others. You're a human being with feelings that hurt you, very much like most if not all of the participants on this forum. Welcome to the group of kindred spirits that surrounds you! You can learn so much about how to proceed by coming back to SF again and again, asking for (and hopefully taking) advice from so many who have been exactly where you are. Things will get better if you can find a place inside of you that can be patient. Being kind and compassionate to yourself would help, too. You're a lot more normal than you think you are. You never have to apologize for being a good person with a big heart!! =)

When you're in hot water, imagine how much worse it could have been. Then you'd realize you're actually pretty lucky, because those things that could have made your days a lot worse did not happen. There are no worst situations, only worse situations.

It can get better or worse. No party will last forever, whether it's a good party or bad party.

I believe how things turn out is based on our effort AND fate. A good analogy is we're like fish in the river. We can swim around at our will, but meanwhile the water flow carries us with it. When we approach a waterfall, no matter how hard we swim, we might still get flushed down. Now there're certain fish species that swim against the direction of water flow to get to their breeding grounds, but when the flow is strong enough, there's nothing they can do. I suggest you try your best, and leave the rest to fate.

Sometimes it take a little twist in your mindset to come to more peace with yourself.

gypsylee

SF Supporter
Please don’t feel bad about posting. I (and others, I’m sure) get just as much out of replying.. Maybe more sometimes ;) It’s a symbiotic relationship and the lifeblood of SF.

I’ve answered this before and I said yes, to “better” and no to “back to normal”. I’ve even wondered if my anxiety has been part of some cosmic plan to stop me being “normal” :rolleyes: I mean I’ve had every chance to have a successful career; I’ve been married, bought a house, had a child; and the anxiety/addictions have never allowed me to create a comfort zone with those things or build my identity around them, like many people do.

I still struggle a lot with feelings of shame that my life is as it is, but like I say, sometimes I think it was meant to be.

On a more practical level, I am “better” as in stronger and have a much greater self-awareness. I still have really bad days and I haven’t conquered my addictions, but I don’t drink anymore and that’s pretty amazing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00