Does it help?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by lymeinside, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lymeinside

lymeinside Well-Known Member

I don't care anymore. I need something to make this feeling go away.

Please be totally honest with me. Does cutting yourself help? I don't want any replies telling me not to do it. I just want to know if it helps.

I need to do something, anything to release this pressure. I have been thinking about cutting my arm up for a while now. The urge is so bad right now.

Please tell me it will help. I don't know what else to do to stay alive.
  2. To be honest with you, no, it doesnt.

Not anymore...

it used to be, for a short while, but now its so addictive that it no longer has a use, i just do it now.

Cutting wont help at all, you'll become addicted to it and you'll just.. do it.. for no reason at all, it wont become of a use anymore, it will ware off.. just like it has for me and many others im sure...
  3. bombeni

bombeni Guest

I wish there was a chat room somewhere to talk to some people, back and forth. I really need to just have some human contact. I am having a hard time hanging on.
  4. This is what you see at the top bomb ;

User CP FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room New Posts Search Quick Links Log Out

Click on chat room and then go to enter chat room.
  5. jjustme

jjustme Guest

No... please don't start cutting
  6. Hanging by a thread

Hanging by a thread Well-Known Member

Try and get medical help, and councelling. Cutting is an awful habit, and as you can tell by most of the threads we all wanna give it up and wish we had never started. And is causeing more problems with the scars and cuts and infections and the hospital visits, just adding to the reasons that we started in the first place with. Feel free to pm if you got any more questions. Just try everything you can not to comply with the urges.
    Stay safe x
  7. WintersDawn

WintersDawn Active Member

Thank you for this thread... I've had overwhelming desire to cut myself lately. I've already hurt myself in another way to escape something in my life and the feelings to do it again is just stronger now.
  8. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Chat Buddy

I wish that i had never done it and you will too, I agree with Hanging by a thread, it just adds to your problems. I still want to now and then but I'd rather bare the urge than bare the pain it causes others and the guilt and shame it causes me. Please think about these things and look through the other threads, see how much pain it can cause, much morethan it takes away.

Stay safe you too wintersdawn

9. lost soul

lost soul Guest

If I am to be honest, It does in the begining, but it is the worst thing you can ever start to do.

If you think like a person who has smoked for all his/her life then told to stop, they find it nearly impossible, same as someone who eats chocolate for comfort, It is like one of the hardest habbits to break.

If you do finally have the strength to break the habbit, you then have to deal with the scars, which sometimes are harder to deal with than the main issue.

If possible find an alternative to this, maybe write it all down.

Please don't start cutting.
  10. Isa

Isa Well-Known Member

From a recovering self harm addict (one month since my last cut, record 9 months without and ive been a self harmer for 5 years)

11. lymeinside

lymeinside Well-Known Member

Everyone says not to, but then no one gives any alternatives.

I feel like I am about to explode. It's like a pressure cooker that has been going on for way too long, and there is no release valve. I don't know how else to explain it.
  12. lost soul

lost soul Guest

13. Isa

Isa Well-Known Member

Did you ask for an alternative? I must of missed that.

Kick boxing
    Writing abusive words on the back of your bedroom door in permenant marker
  14. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

In my opinion, it doesnt help in any useful way, it "helps" at that moment maybe, but thats temporary and you can end up feeling a lot worse afterwards. And as others have said, that kind of fades anyway, and it just turns into an addiction which just adds to your problems. Point is, there's other things that help in a more constructive, positive way, that's all. I think it might depend on what you wanted to get out of SH, if you see what I mean, on what else might work, maybe try things like writing, talking to someone, or people do things like punching pillows and throwing things, I think theres more suggestions further up which are prob more useful than this because i'm rambling. Anyways, good luck.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.