Does it help?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by ineedtohelpher, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talking, does it help? (talking to a friend)
    I know all the websites and stuff say it does... but thats websites
    You are all real people
    How does it make you feel?
  2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I would be locked up or six feet under if I didn't talk about how Ifeel...
    even just on here helps....gotta get it out of your system or it eats you alive...
    counceling is good least you don't know them closely...
  3. MsBuggity

MsBuggity Member

It CAN help, many times. Ok...most times. So...yes...get her to talk. Ask her the difficult questions. The one's that you're afraid to ask. But whatever you do, do NOT tell her not to feel that way, or that things will get better, or be freaked out by her answers. You never may catch her on a day that she'll just start spilling her guts to you. And if/when that you respond will make all the difference in the world.

Me? I won't allow myself to cry. If I found somebody that would help me get past that and wouldn't tell me to would get rid of a lot of this b.s. inside of me. have to find what's good for her. But...yes...talking is a good place to start.
  4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Talking and sharing allows us to feel less isolated and much more understood...this is invaluable in any struggle...please talk to us and let us know how you are...big hugs, J
  5. 41021

41021 Banned Member

talking sucks dirt
    all it does is keep you around another fucking god daned day
    so u can be miserable tomorrow
  6. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

I hate talking about it..It's very hard. Sometimes it helps, but only really delays the inevitable..
  7. KoNfUsEd

KoNfUsEd Active Member

I wish i knew but i am really careful who i talk to.. here is ok because its anonymous but a real life face to face conversation on how im feeling would scare the c**p out of me. So i sit here miserable & struggling daily. I am my own worst enemy.. I guess it works for the right people?:sad:
  8. aviewfromchaos

aviewfromchaos Well-Known Member

i do it to feel alive. cause if i feel pain, at least i feel SOMETHING.
  9. PokerDonkey

PokerDonkey Active Member

Choose the person you open up to very carefully in real life, the wrong person will make you feel a lot worse by making fun of you and tell you to quit being emo or calling you stupid etc.
  10. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

Talking for me has kept me alive x
  11. Pow

Pow Well-Known Member

Only if a person genuinely cares about what happens to you.
    Other than that it's garbage and I always find myself at square one.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.