Does it make you gay?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by sadsoul, Oct 16, 2007.

1. sadsoul

sadsoul Member

If you find someone of the same sex visually appealing. Like find them attractive. Thinking they are a good looking person; enjoyable to look at but don't have any sexual feelings towards them. Does this mean your are gay or even slightly gay?

2. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

I would say no. Though I believe there is nothing wrong with your lifestyle choice anyway. :)

3. Blackness

Blackness Guest

4. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

I think Brad Pitt is enjoyable to look at, but I don't want to put his meat pole in my mouth, so nah I don't think so.

5. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

absolutely emphatically not!!

6. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Definitely not. Look at Michelangelo's "David" Any guy who says it's disgusting to look at because they are not gay is lying. It is a beautiful sculpture of man at his most attractive. Same goes for men on the street. Look at it this way, if you couldn't tell what was attractive in the same sex, then you would dress up as the opposite sex and be a tranny because that is the only way you could judge what looks good. Either that, or you would wear ridiculous clothing and hairstyles because you honestly just can't tell what looks good on members of the same sex. The very thought is absurd.

7. Trip the Dark fantastic

Trip the Dark fantastic Well-Known Member

I agree with what Anastasia has said. Without a point of reference we would be unable to determine our presence as a sexual being. Appreciating aesthetic, - be it in a member of the same sex or not - has only peripheral to do with sex. It is the acknowledgment of beauty, a bow towards the eternal lure of the god Eros, a glance into the chamber of temptation. But rest assured, no-one is turning into a salt statue by doing that.

So, just enjoy your feelings and express them in whatever way you perceive them. By looking at someone visually appealing, all you do is sending your senses to a master craftsman, applying his/her last touches...:rolleyes:

8. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Beautifully put!

9. Fatman1966

Fatman1966 Antiquitie's Friend

Its one thing to like the look of something, its another to want to take it further than that, don't worry about it, some men are just hansome, its not a big deal, we all think some one is better looking than we are, an admire them for it, it doesn't mean anything, apart from that.

I am gay, and I kind of knew it from an early age, so I shouldnt worry about it, its just a guy thing, if it was more than that, you would already have an idea, or at least that was the way it was for me.

10. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

It does not make you gay at all. It makes you someone who finds another pereson visually appealing. i have no issue saying whether another female is beautiful or not. There is nothing wrong iwth that and I dn't think you have anything to worry about. If you do end up finding out you are bisexual or gay then so be it. It's who you are inside that matters and not who you like or love.

11. deathfilled

deathfilled Member

no, it doesnt.

12. Amica_1961

Amica_1961 Member

I consider myself straight but I am aroused by other women's breasts. Does that mean I am gay??

13. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure it just means that boobs are awesome and that everyone likes them.

14. Random

Random Well-Known Member

No. Studies have been done that conclude that attractive people are more appealing to people of both sexes than unattractive people. There's nothing gay about being able to recognize desirable traits in others of the same sex. Straight women do it all the time (And talk openly about it) and have for ages. Attractive people are more likely to be hired for the same job then unattractive people by employers of both genders.

A straight guy who wants a certain girl who has an attractive boyfriend can always size up his competition. If he isn't as attractive, he knows it.