Does it matter?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by expressive_child, Aug 30, 2007.

1. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

Does it really matter whether I can move on or not? I mean, there is nothing I can do to change things and even if things will be better, I have no way of knowing how or when so I ain't sure why must I try to convince myself anymore. Its just pathetic. When I first realize, how lonely I am all along, I feel like its no doubt that nothing will change ever again. I have to be prepared for everything bad that might happen cause it feels like I have expected that nothing good will turn out no matter how much I needed it.

Despite the fact that I always said I won't give up and all, I turn out to be a hypocrite myself. I am helpless, I can't do nothing to change things and yet I am saying there is hope, that there is something to look forward to? I guess I am wrong. Everything is just too overwhelming now, nothing look or feels right. I can't deny I am closer to the end of things, all I hope for is to live these few moments to the fullest, yet I know I can't do much, maybe not anymore. Anyhow, I am not sure why do I still care...
  2. Roobear

Roobear Member

Yes and No. I use to feel like things would never change, that I would always feel the pain of my trama deeply. People close to me kept saying are'nt you over it? I kept thinking that there was something wrong with me, I got frustrated so many times, why can't I move on?

It's been over eight years for me and this is what I've come up with. At the age of 19 an awful thing happened to me that changed my life forever and no matter how much I want to change it, that I never will. I need to learn to be ok with that fact and accept it and grow from it. I will keep my experiences with me for the rest of my life, but I won't stop living my life. I've recently read that if you can put meaning to suffering, you can make some positive sense of it.

By the way, are you aware that you have 627 posts? I read some of them and most of them are you helping others. I wonder how many people your words have helped :wink:

If you like to read, try Man's Search For Meaning by Viktor Frankl it's a true story about a man in the concentration camps who learned alot about life, suffering, and finding meaning. It was some real therapy for me.:smile: