Does It Really Work?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by TrAgIcK EvEntZ, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrAgIcK EvEntZ

TrAgIcK EvEntZ Well-Known Member

It's not that I'm looking forward to doing drugs, I just wanted to know if it really helps relieve stress? I used to be around a couple of people that did it. They said it helped take away stress, but I never believed because ... what can smoking and drinking do?:unsure:

2. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

the drug I used to dull my pain was alcohol and it did work, for a while, but then reality would come rushing back as soon as the alcohol wore off and I'd be left to deal with reality nursing a hangover. I have quit drinking cause the problems it brought were far greater than the temporary dulling of my pain. I can't speak for other drugs, other than pot, as I don't do any other drugs. Sometimes a little pot, and have never had hangovers or bad effects afterwards from it, but it is illegal and therefore brings the risk of arrest and legal troubles. For me it's best to just stick with my prescribed meds for depression and anxiety. This is just my experience, others will have different viewpoints.

3. voices_inmy_head

voices_inmy_head Well-Known Member

alcahol is the drug I use and to a degree it helps but I nearly always drink too much and then i go the other way into panic attacks and sobbing and trying to hurt myself.

If I only have a few drinks it's great but I nearly always drink too much

I used to take cannabis which was fantastic I love it, if I could get some I would still smoke it

4. Christianv2

Christianv2 Well-Known Member

Its not worth the immediate effects. Just try and better yourself without them.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

i drink alcohol every few days when im feeling down, it helps for a couple of hours and as soon as it starts to wear off i feel worse than before i drank. its not worth it really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.