does keeping a schedule help you?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by the masked depressant, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

i've found it helps me get some order in my life..

if i tell myself i'm going to do this, at a certain time every day, i do it

it gives me something stable i can fall back on

so what about you, does keeping a skedule help?. or do you not follow it and it makes no diffrence?

i wanted to post this as a pole, but can't figure out how to do it- only how to select how many options i want

2. tweetypie

tweetypie Antiquities Friend

Re: does keeping a skedule help you?

i am going to try to make a schedule because im very scattered at the min i have kept them in the past but when im ill i cant seem to stick to them ...do i get a sticker for keping up with your threads please :D

3. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

I'm a creature of habit so I generally follow the exact same series of activities at about the same time every day. However, if I try to make it official by writing it down, that will stress me out and I'll rebel against it almost immediately.

4. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I have a very simple program to manage my depression and it could be thought of as a schedule.

I go to church twice a week, go to knitting group once a week, and group therapy once a week. This leaves me room for down days of which I need two or three each week or I become overwhelmed which starts my spiral downward.

I eat right because my husband cooks. I eat dinner with my husband every night. It's a nice connection time for us. I take my medications because my husband sets up my medications. I read some from the Bible and pray daily. I'm working on establishing a steady sleep schedule but that one got derailed last year and I'm just now going to tackle that again.

5. sunshinesblack

sunshinesblack Well-Known Member

YES!
    schedule is my best bet till now
    solved a lot of health concerns too
    go to bed at same good hour and eat at same hours
    and yeah preparing for something that i want to do in advance, but no more than a few days /a week maximum
    Am actually considering changing my antidepressants to sleeping pills so i keep the sleep pattern and just that

6. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

I keep very strict schedules of my day to day activities, mostly because theres too many different things I want to do each day, and because Im th sort of person who needs to have a master plan for every step in life...

It really depends on the kind of person you are and what kind of life you live. Ultimately its much more boring to do stuff by the schedule then to do as you feel like it, but it does help you be more productive and efficient with your day. Also, if youre going to include stuff you dont like doing in your schedule, such as studying, its important to realise you need strong will to stick to the schedule, otherwise youll break it and will feel worse about it.

7. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

Re: does keeping a skedule help you?

hmm, i'll see what i can do

:d

8. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Yes, I also create lists beyond lists of things that need to be done, so I stay on track.

9. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

i would like to make one that i can stick to.
    my work schedule is very random..so its really hard to schedule
    anything in my life right now.
    i cant go to the gym at the same time everyday like id like to.
    (in the early morning) because one day i will work 3pm to 11pm
    and the next day 5am to 2pm. so that really sucks.
    and it has to be early morning too, because there are so many people
    at the gym past 2pm its not even funny.
    the only thing ive kept on schedule is my sleep.
    i usuually wake up at 6 am and go to sleep at 10 or 12.
    i dont know how i managed to keep that up.

but even when i used to make schedules, i could never
    follow them, making me feel like a failure to myself.
    im just an amazing procrastinator. :/

10. jasonkramer

jasonkramer Well-Known Member

a schedule only helps me if i have to do things where other people depend on my . ie work, class, doc. if the plans are my own...aint going to happen. i suck, lol

11. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

you have a schedule, even if its differant times of the day, your schedule is to work, gym and whatever it is that you do on a daily basis. I say scedule but its really a to do list, and if you get it done it doesnt matter at what time.

Give yourself a break, and dont feel bad for not having a 9-5. Your living your life not someones else, so you make your own schedule. Hope today is treating you better. Hugs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.