Does love make it worse?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Tess, Mar 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tess

Tess Member

Hi all, i'm new here. Was just wondering if for many of you a very troubled love life has pushed you towards extreme suicidal thoughts. Personally, I feel incredibly bad blaming such a thing on the person I love the most, but whether right or wrong, I know in my heart of hearts that he has made the last four years of my life dreadful. I feel so guilty thinking that because I look around and other people get messed about and have their hearts broken and yet most of them seem to pull through it and knuckle down in time. I feel utterly pathetic having an emotional state that is completely dependant on another, but I don't know how to live happily without him and I just can't get out of bed or see friends, I quit my job a year ago, I just don't know how to go through it anymore, constant panic attacks, family threatening to have me committed etc. The only thing which keeps me going is thinking he will agree for us to get back together (as has happened every other time, and i'm talking after five, six months on one occassion). That, and also making plans to leave the country to get away from his memory which has tainted everything, but then saying no to the idea because it means he won't be in the picture. It sounds so pathetic but constant suicidal thoughts are the only things keeping me going at the moment.
    So basically does anyone else/the majority of you feel driven to this by lack of love or merely the complication of it? Would love to know peoples thoughts as I feel so utterly alone and cannot talk to anyone about this, my on/off boyfriend is really the only person I talk to anymore.

2. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi tess. welcome to the forum. we come here for many reasons, and a lot of the time, it is over broken love relationships. i came here recently - because my husband wanted a divorce and i hadn't seen it coming and still can't figure out why. (well. another person is why. but. why the other person?? never will know - fine)

i hope you find support here.
    it is so tough, ending a love relationship. and often we enmesh with our partner so much - that we can't move on without them - because we have given up part of ourSELVES.

please try to lean on us during this rough time, pm if you want to talk - or keep reading the forum, here and there, and posting . this is a compassionate and caring place - and truthfully - it has saved me.
    :console:

3. Tess

Tess Member

thanks mdmefontaine, sorry for your troubles and thankyou so much for not giving me the 'it will get better' bull, because that's the reason I refrain from talking to others about my problem, and it's nice to hear from others who have the same problems and don't offer up worthless platitudes. I'm very ashamed and embarassed of the person I have turned into because of this and it is so therapeutic to vent. I'm very pleased I found this site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.