does moving out ever help..

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by wanttodie, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanttodie

wanttodie Well-Known Member

what do you think ?

My problems are rooted in the fact that there are too many people lurking out there in this city who want to destroy me completely. I have to move out. Will things change ? The world is such a small place these days.
  2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

move out of where>
    like go to the country?
    become a hermit?
    a society drop out?
  3. wanttodie

im thinking of leaving my country but yes whats wrong in being a hermit as long as you are having a house to live in and food to eat. i dont really have any kind of interest in dealing with anyone other than my family. im highly cynical of people.
  4. Blackness

Blackness Guest

mate, I didnt say there was anything wrong with it (hermit), hell I'd love that if it was possible!
    moving country is a big thing, and what about ur family then?! you'd be so far from them.
  5. wanttodie

i got to make some sacrifices. if i live here, then i am going to be living off my parents or working in some low wage job which is in a way humiliating for my parents considering that we live in a very judgemental society. i really cant live in here any more, cant deal with the same people who bullied me at workplace. i want this nightmare to end. some of these bullies are working in US already so there is chance that i might bump into these people someday but i guess its still a better option. the odds are really stacked against me.
  6. Blackness

Blackness Guest

sounds like you couldnt even afford to ship out though...
    you have to learn to say fuck everyone else, im doing it for myself.
  7. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

i understand how you feel totally, i am having to live in the same house as my ex, i see her every day and everything i show is a front. trouble is i have no where else to go, when the house is sold i will have exactly nothing.
    i will have lost everything.
    maybe i should just disapear and vanish, but the pain will still follow me.
  8. jryan3434

jryan3434 Active Member

I've moved around a lot, and in some ways it can help. Obviously certain situations are environmentally based and can be fixed if you live somewhere else. Others are totally internal and don't really change with a change of scenery. Then of course, there are those in between. I think it just depends on the individual situation. If you are at rock bottom, then moving certainly can't hurt.
  9. wanttodie

my problem is more or less similar to yours[something to do with sexuality] and I really understand why it is so bad. I mean it really hurts your pride and obliterates your self confidence. Please share your experience, did moving out really change things ? I mean were people making fun of you in the new place ? I'm gtting ridiculed all the time and it's becoming a hell for me. I can't even sleep at night because I've these flashbacks in my subconscious of people laughing at me.Here's my story :
  10. FoReVeR LoSt

FoReVeR LoSt Well-Known Member

Well, i was living with my mom and i was having issues and then I HAD to move out, she moved away to another province in Canada and i was forced to move. Now what i'm getting @ is...maybe if you just move to another part of the city? and just tell everyone that you're moving far far away, would that work? start looking for a place for yourself, start a new life. :hug: always here if you need to talk
  11. jryan3434

jryan3434 Active Member

I read about your situation, and I think that moving can help you. However, that is not all that has to happen. Assholes are not just found in India you know. There are plenty of them here in the US who will eat you alive if you let them. You have to learn to stand up for yourself. Feelings of humiliation and fear will always haunt you unless you face those fears in some way. They will not go away in a new place unless you change yourself as well as your environment. If you do move, view it as starting over, not just in place but in character as well- becoming a different person.

In a new environment, the people that bully you wont have the same power they did when they had the support of a town behind them. You are 6'3.'' With a little bit of time spent in a gym, it shouldn't be too hard to become intimidating enough to let these poeple know that you wont tolerate their shit anymore. If you meet them again in the US, and they give you their little smirks, let them know that if you see those little smirks again you are going to knock them off of their faces. It will be scary, but you will have to summon the balls to do so.
    Practice by standing up for other people. In a lot of ways, when you are suffering from feelings of self loathing, it is eaisier to fight for other people than it is for yourself. Find something greater than yourself to believe in and dedicate yourself to. Believe me, if you open your eyes there is plenty of injustice happening all around you. It happens in the classroom, in the bars, in the home, and everywhere else. Learn to stand up for people no matter how unpopular it is and eventually you will learn to stand up for yourself. You will learn that self respect doesn't necessarily come from winning a fight, but in the act of fighting itself. There have been times when I cowered down from doing what was right, and there have been times when I decided to fight against the odds, and was left in a bloody mess. The times when I was left in a bloody mess are far fonder memories than the times when I acted like a coward. This is obviously an example of physical conflict, but speaking up for what is right against popular opinion is no less challenging.

I know in my case, that eventually I will have to face my past. Eventually I will see the people that humiliated me again. I am not ready now, but I know that when the time comes I will have to be able to face them as a different person. I will have to know that they know what has happened, and yet be able to look them in the eye and refuse to be intimidated. I will have to accept that the things I once did to shame myself were done by a different person- a young naiive kid who died a long time ago. The person I am today doesn't deserve this shit anymore. Eventually you have to forgive yourself for whatever you did to bring shame upon you. You are obviously young, and I doubt whatever you did, especially if it didn't involve hurting other people, deserves a lifetime of humiliation. It sounds like you have already paid for your mistakes and then some. Once you forgive yourself and accept that you no longer deserve this, then you will learn to refuse to accept maltreatment from others. People can change their opinions of you very quickly when they are confronted with a person whom they once knew as weak and pathetic, but all of a sudden seems to act in ways totally contrary to their previous MO.

On a few other notes, America is a big place with a lot of schools. Why do you have to go to a school where you will be joined by these people from your past?

Also, what is your sexual problem? Is it physical? Feel free to PM me if you dont want to post it here. I think what I have shared is evident enough that I will be in no position to judge you, and may be able to offer some advice.
  12. wanttodie

Why do you want to go back to those people ?

i really commend you..atleast you are not a coward like me.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.