Does seeing medical help work for depression/anxiety/stress ?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by warwithlife16, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warwithlife16

warwithlife16 Active Member

sorry for another thread but i would like to know if getting help from some sort of doctor or psychologist/psychiatrist ever helped any of you at least a LITTLE ? or have any prescribed drugs helped you ? My heart is crying out for help, i want to turn to suicide but i cant because its a sin and god wont forgive me, its also SELFISH if I put my family through pain just because I ALONE was going through pain. Please someone let me know if this works .. even a LITTLE. thank you so much.
  2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Doctors and medications are two of the tools I use to manage my depression and other problems. They are two of the most important tools. I don't know what I would do without them.

As you start this process, keep in touch with us here because you'll have many more questions.
  3. depleted_soul

depleted_soul Well-Known Member

Professional help or medication did not work for me. It does work for some though so it can't hurt you to try it.
  4. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

Id say it helps 50%.. the other 50% is on you and if you are willing to not be depressed.
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I'm on meds and they keep me pretty much stable.. It took a couple of years to find the right combination of meds.. I think therapy helps the most.. You can spill your guts and receive positive feedback on what you have said.. You can also learn coping skills to help ward off the negative thoughts..Good Luck..We are also here for you to talk with or even vent your frustrations..
  6. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Anti anxiety meds have helped, but I must admit that I've been to therapy on and off for 20 years and never got much out of it. The little I got that was helpful was very helpful and I think it is worth it as you might get one that is very good at their profession. I wish you the best!
  7. Shifa Ally

Shifa Ally New Member

you do want medical help in the form of seeind a doctor and get meds...but you must be very honest in telling the doc everything........and then again music helps a bunch.or maybe expressing your self through your problem will find lots of answers..good luck and tc...
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2009
  8. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i found talking to my family doctor helped me out alot. he helped me get some other supports in place. it's hard to fight these feelings alone. a good doc will take you seriously and help you find other people who will help you cope. good luck.
  9. remembernothing

remembernothing Account Closed

Personally i feel the meds i was taking fucked me up in a bad way, but that was pretty much my fault anyway
  10. Sad Rabbit

Sad Rabbit Account Closed

All meds have done for me is make me anxious, stressed, angry, tense, caused a lump to appear in my armpit and made my hair fall out.

As for therapy? For some reason, I don't qualify.
  11. falling_away

falling_away Member

I've been in an inpatient psych unit for treatment, seen counselors/psychiatrists on an outpatient basis, and have been put on an antidepressant. None of this worked for me the slightest bit.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.