Does Suicide Equal Redemption?

When people think yourself a monster, does killing the monster change their mind?
They stopped caring and probably will always have that certain impression of you: the monster, the beast.
If they saw you suffer, does that mean you have paid the price?
If they saw you repent, does that mean you have paid the price?
Is every good deed you try to do, whether it's holding the door or taking in an orphaned child, seen as nothing because there is the overlapping feeling of being that kind of monster?
Will there finally be someone who says "Ok, now I see that he suffered the ultimate price and I can try to forgive him"?
And are you even allowed in Heaven if they are there? Wouldnt it not be Heaven to them if you were there?
How do you even try to live well when, to some, you'll always be not worthy of life?

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
if you have done some serious wrong then you must try to do things to correct it. and if you are remorseful in your heart then you must forgive yourself. suicide or any death is not redemption living on doing good is...mike....*hug

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
How do you even try to live well when, to some, you'll always be not worthy of life?
You live well by recognising that the people who judge you unworthy of life are not qualified to judge you or anyone else. If they cannot forgive real or imagined wrongs it's their problem, not yours. We all make mistakes and need forgiveness, and that's why we shouldn't hold others mistakes against them, esp when they express remorse.

Ixtab

Really what is said in the post above mine took decades to practice and accept. Forgiveness is a deeply personal thing. To forgive doesn’t mean you say I forgive you. You may never actually speak again. But you say what the person did hurt me, but I’m ok now and I move on from this. Didn’t mean you banish them forever or go hug and kiss them. It means inside you make yourself let it go. It’s part of growth takes a long time. Don’t come natural to me.

Ixtab

Yea I mean haters aren’t losing sleep over me, why should I hold a grudge and act shitty (not saying op or anyone else is doing that). I’m older now more tired my life has been wild I don’t want enemies or war or any of that.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Yea I mean haters aren’t losing sleep over me, why should I hold a grudge and act shitty (not saying op or anyone else is doing that). I’m older now more tired my life has been wild I don’t want enemies or war or any of that.
i agree i have lived so long moses came to dinner once. i try not to carry a grudge either. i usually grumble to myself for a bit and let it go. if someone apologizes to me and is sincere i accept the apology with all my heart. life is too short to get mad at people. the obvious exception is if someone hurts my family then yes i get my revenge...mike

Ixtab

There is an old saying about revenge:

If seeking revenge dig two graves.

One for your victim. When his family and people come the other grave is yours.

I don’t want my family hurt either but it happens revenge is a hollow illusion. (Voice of past experience it won’t bring them back)

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
There is an old saying about revenge:

If seeking revenge dig two graves.

One for your victim. When his family and people come the other grave is yours.
I don’t want my family hurt either but it happens revenge is a hollow illusion. (Voice of past experience it won’t bring them back)
in a way i agree but we always have to uphold family honor hopefully without violence

Ixtab

Yea hopefully try to avoid it but don’t let bullies attack you got to put em down but sages teach is people are already after you to the point of hurting your family, you may have previously fucked something up.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Yea hopefully try to avoid it but don’t let bullies attack you got to put em down but sages teach is people are already after you to the point of hurting your family, you may have previously fucked something up.
a husband beat my daughter. my sons and i went looking for him but we could never catch him alone. i don't have to tell you what would have happened if we did, and could you blame us?

Ixtab

No. I know someone not even related to me the guy beat her little face so bad the bones in it had to be surgically repaired. He’s free they are still together, getting in car accidents in her car in a graveyard with her in passenger seat. I’d love to get that mofo to put the lotion in the basket but it’s not up to me I’m not the one to decide that. I want to but my own machismo violence won’t change anything it will just put me where he belongs (prison).

Fwiw where I live you would have a jury of peers sympathetic. Black teenagers broke into navy seals house here for gang initiation break in while his brothers fam was visiting.

He laid the entire hang out in traction and they sued him from prison. He went to court with no lawyer and they said his deadly training made him a weapon used against the poor children who innocently broke in at midnight.

He told the jury my training is the only reason they are alive. If my wife was home instead of me you’d have a room of body bags. The military spent millions teaching me to restrain my skills.

They didn’t charge him with anything and the jailbirds had to post there own medical bills. Same thing happened at my friends house and he’s Combat vet with severe ptsd. A neighbor tackled my friend chasing to mob of 30 “gangsta” who broke into his parents house with knives. The neighbor took a slice protecting my friend from a possible murder charge because he was so enraged trying to defend his house parents little daughters from maniacs 30 deep. Thank heaven he locks his guns.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
ok this topic is getting away from the original poster. if you want to continue the conversation we should start a new thread...mike...*hug

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00