Does suicides end up in Hell?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Mars, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mars

Mars New Member

Do suicides go to hell? I've been reading on suicide memorials and seeing all these couragous people who took their lives. I say this because I have suicidal thoughts and the only thing that stops me not knowing where I'll end up. I'm already living a hellish life in earth! So I guess there's never an end to the pain! I've been reading on Suicide Near death experiences, youtube has an enitre collection of documentaries. Many recount how they ended up falling in a dark pit, where they endured the pain their suicide caused to others. Some even explain hearing screaming and yelling, seeing darkness past beyond their eye sight, and yes IMMEDIATELY REGRETTING what they have done. Oh god....I am afraid. It makes me wonder what happens next? Is it really an escape from hell in earth or a trip to hell?

2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

There's no such thing as hell.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Don't know just know you are dead and no more chance for anything.

4. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

And just who exactly is supposed to answer or know that?

5. whiskeylullaby

whiskeylullaby Well-Known Member

No one can tell you for certain the answer to that question, because no one knows beyond a shadow of a doubt what happens to us after we die. All we have are our beliefs about what will happen. So that being said, I know what I believe, but most likely everyone will have a different idea and there is no easy answer.

6. GabrielConroy

GabrielConroy Well-Known Member

i can tell you for sure

yes

7. just.me

just.me Account Closed

well all this hell idea was invented by the church to force people to visit the church by using fear
    that was during the medieval era
    modern church don't use this concept any more
    especially for suiciders as there was this case some long time ago
    where a teenager in a Christian family killed himself
    and the family went against the church for saying that their son is in hell
    since then the church changed it and suicdiers are no longer going to hell

so if you believe in Christianity and in hell at the first place
    then you will believe the church as well right?
    and the church say that people that killing themselves are not going to hell

8. whiskeylullaby

Thanks for the unnecessary history lesson.

I was replying to the original poster's question about "hell". I gave my thoughts on the discussion that he introduced, not as a catalyst for a religious debate. And for that matter, I never said I believed in the religious idea.

9. just.me

just.me Account Closed

you said no one can give him the answer and know for certain if there is hell
    so i said that THERE IS SOMEONE HE CAN GET AN ANSWER FROM
    and that is the local church, i mean, they invented this idea, so they will tell the OP if there is hell or not

10. whiskeylullaby

I am not going to get into a debate with you because, frankly, I don't care that much. I simply said in my first post that no one can know as a categorical truth what happens once we die. It is something we can only know certain after we are dead. Our ideas about if there is a hell or what happens to those who commit suicide, are based on our own particular belief system. So sure, if you believe in a hell, a church can the place to seek advice.

11. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

It really depends on your beliefs and faiths. If you're atheist, you'd believe in going to Oblivion, Christian, you'd believe in going to hell (Even though God's supposed to be all forgiving, but whatever).
    You can't go to hell if you don't believe in it, which is why I always piss myself laughing when Christians tell me I'm gonna go to hell if I don't join their religion XD
    But it's dependent on your beliefs, and even then you can't know where you will go for sure. It's like.. an impossible question.

12. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

No one knows for sure but I'd like to think not....people choose to commit suicide to escape this sh***y life and be at peace....I'm sure the last thing they'd want is to end up having to suffer even more on the other side. I'd like to think that if there is a God and if He does love us, then He wouldn't put us through that.

13. just.me

just.me Account Closed

hmmm
    I think i believe more the the Greek mythology then the Christian one:
    Chaos (the god of chaos as opposite of order) arose spontaneously,
    Chaos gives birth to Eros ( the primordial god of lust, beauty, love, and intercourse) and Gaia (Earth),
    the more orderly and safe foundation that would serve as a home for the gods and mortals, came afterwards.
    Tartarus (It is a deep, gloomy place, a pit, or an abyss used as a dungeon of torment and suffering that resides beneath the underworld)
    and Eros (Desire) also came into existence from nothing.
    Eros serves an important role in sexual reproduction, before which children had to be produced by means of parthenogenesis. From Chaos came Erebos (Darkness) and Nyx (Night).
    Erebos and Nyx reproduced to make Aither (Brightness) and Hemera (Day). From Gaia came Ouranos (Sky), the Ourea (Mountains), and Pontus (Sea).
    Then Ouranos mated with Gaia to create twelve Titans which were the foundation of the second generation of gods.

The reason i believe in this mythology more then Christianity
    is because i feel more connected to it
    Plus been atheist mean for me to be an empty shell and i dont like that
    so i picked something i like most and thats pretty much it

just though i mention this stuff, i really love it
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theogony

14. CAD

CAD Well-Known Member

There's no way you believe any of that. You do realise Hesiod's Theogony was just a big poem for public recitals??

But yes, it is knockout stuff.

15. shades

shades Staff Alumni

The bottom line is that you came here looking for help and answers. As it appears you are religious, you should talk with someone at your church.

Nobody here can give you the answer to the question you posed with any certainty.

In my opinion, unless there is something we do not know about, most likely it will be exactly like before you were born. No consciousness.

Many doctors of medicine have debated what happens in near-death experiences and lean towards synaptic neural responses as the answer for lights, voices, etc...

If you feel like sharing your reasons for wanting to end it, we will be here to try and assist you and help you find some solace.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2009
  16. CAD

CAD Well-Known Member

I agree with shades.

17. just.me

just.me Account Closed

yeah its a mythology and not a religion
    so i guess i can say that i am a mythological guy and not like a religious guy or something

Anyways i think its way more colorful and overall cool then the dark Christian religion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.