does talking help, iv'e had all i can take

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mdh, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdh

mdh New Member

for one reason or another iv'e found myself looking into suicide, although this time its different, last time i was depressed and failed in my attempt, this time iv'e just had it, can't take any more, this life has nothing to offer or keep me here, so have spent the last few hours looking up ways and means to make sure i do it right this time, found a very useful site, loads of good info, it also suggested talking and had a link to this site, (think i'm past talking) as my family offered no help or support before and really aren't interested, they never want to talk about anything emotional

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Family never do want to talk about depression they don't get it hun You need to talk here or to people that do understand like a professional Talking to someone that does get it help tremendously Please hun reach out to someone in your community in your church at your school but talk okay to someone that knows how to help you that does not judge Lots of support here hun as people do understand so keep posting okay keep talking hugs

3. silex

silex Member

It's not even what the person you talk to says that matters, it's the act of not keeping your problems secret. It helps with shame and guilt. Thinking about problems and talking about them are so different. Even if the conversation goes badly and you feel worse in the short term, saying something out loud to someone else moves you on.

4. mdh

mdh New Member

thanks for the kind words, as i said i'm not depressed, iv'e just had enough, everything i do, or try to do goes wrong and i end up in more pain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.