Does talking to people on here really help?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by HighsandLows, Oct 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HighsandLows

HighsandLows Active Member

Sorry, I'm new here. I've never used a forum like this before. I've just existed with what goes on in my life/head. I honestly can't see how things can get any better, and I don't want to waste time waffling on and boring people for the sake of it. Does talking to people on here really help?

2. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I found it helped. I'm still here after 3 years to help those like those who helped me. My PM box is open to you if you need it, always.
    Also welcome. I hope you're not here for too long, for obvious reasons :)

3. HighsandLows

HighsandLows Active Member

Thank you

4. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I'm just about to add you so you can get to me easily, you don't have to accept though. Look around the forum some, you might find some helpful answers or.. something, just by doing that. The chatroom can be helpful when you need instant help too, people are normally quite helpful in there. There are some jerks, but just ignore those.

5. Darkness Inside

Darkness Inside Account Closed

It's helped tremendously, I met some one on here, who I chat up, and... shes(Won't tell who :D) keeping me alive.

6. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

It's nice to have support. I've made a lot of good friends here.

So yeah, it helps.

7. empty101

empty101 Well-Known Member

Yea it definitely helps. It's the only place where you can be 100% honest about how you feel and what's going on in your life. On top of that you'll meet a lot of people in equally or even worse situations!

It helped me 2 years ago now I'm here to help others and I just come to chat when I'm bored at night :)

8. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

it really depends on what you mean by help. it's helped by being able to post things here that I couldnt say in RL. I've met many wonderful people here. all with terrific advice and support And made a few friends here, another thing that I dont have in RL. But it hasnt stopped the suicidal thoughts and urges. but that isnt any fault of the forum or the members here.

ive had my demons for so many years. At point where I'm almost afraid to let them go. they are a huge part of me now.

Like wayne has suggested, check out the forum. They are a lot of different topics to post in and great people that can give you advice and help you through the difficult times. i know people here have helped me through more than my share of problems.

Welcome and I hope you find the help you are looking for :arms:

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Yeah, it sure does. :) It helps to know you're not alone and have support at the click of a button! :arms:
    I hope you will find it helps too x
    p.s, welcome :)

10. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I'd say it does :). When I first joined I was amazed that other people actually felt like doing 'it', :laugh:. Plus they managed to talk me out of it a couple of times :tongue:.

11. MightyMatt

MightyMatt Well-Known Member

It's helped me immensely over the last week... Things got pretty bad for me recently and just to know that there are people out there going through similar problems as me was a relief... I hope to make some good friends here :smile:

12. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

yes i find it really helpful talking to people sometimes its like i can get it out what i need out and when someone replies they can give there view on it as well some times seeing it from some one else's point of view helps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.