does the pain ever end

Status
Not open for further replies.

pachrissy

does the pain ever end? i feel up against a wall. with no light at the end of the tunnel, other than an oncomming train. the other side can only be better. self injury is only getting closer. trying to fight this is making me physically sick. i cant hold food down. i dont know how much more i can hold off.

I've been in the same tunnel, except I didn't even see the train light. It's a terrible place to be, a very lonely, scary place. There doesn't seem to be any way out, with the possible exception of suicide.

Through the whole process with mental health workers, doctors, I thought that suicide was the only answer.

Thankfully I found my way out. I fell back in a few times, and wasn't very far away from it for a long time, but I haven't been back in the black hole.

I could never have crawled out of that hole on my own. I'm sure I'd either be there still or I'd be dead without the caring help of a number of people in the mental health system, starting with my family doctor. If I ever find myself in that place again, I'll go to the ER and tell them what's going on.

That's one thing you can do right now, or call 911 and ask for help. They will treat you well and see that you get help finding your way back to daylight. Even if you won't go for help, give yourself one day to stay alive. Tomorrow might bring a small sense of hope. Give yourself that chance.

I'm sorry you're where you are. I hope you'll do what you can to get help getting out of the tunnel.

Jim

pachrissy

icant go to the hospital, i have 4 kids. im also a self injurer that hasnt but those urges are very bad too. im taking it 15 min at a time. ive used the stickys at the top of the page. i dont know what else

15 minutes at a time works.

If it comes down to having to go to the hospital, there will be people to take care of your children. You can't let that stop you from finding safety. If you don't take care of yourself, you won't be able to take care of your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00