does the thought of waking up make you feel sick?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by the masked depressant, May 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

it does me..

i could be lying there, and i feel really ill- all over the fact that i have to get up in a few minits/ hours or what ever

and i also get fairly ill when i get up- for no apparent reason what so ever, it's just being awak.

does this happen to anyone else?
  2. Lizzieni

Lizzieni Well-Known Member

Yes- every morning! I'm off work with depression but for a few years I've had that problem and it hasn't got any easier being off- though I'm probably more ill now. It feels like I must have the flu or be seriously ill.
    It usually takes 3 or 4 hours to feel normal/ not on deaths door!
    I'd say 3 til 7 are my best of the day.

So you're not alone!
  3. ace

ace Well-Known Member

It does for me I fear the idea of a new day knowing it's going to come around soon again.As the night comes to day and I have to wake up it makes me kind of sick.
  4. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

thanks for your response- i'm glad i'm not alone in this

for me to feel normal.. takes about 4 hours. it just comes naturally eventually, but until then it feels like i'm gonna pass out or something
  5. meeko1004

meeko1004 Well-Known Member

Some days, I can't get out of my bed because I'm so terrified.
    The worst part is that most of the time I'm not sure what I'm so scared of.
    - just that I need to hide under the covers a little longer and try to pretend that what's out there isn't there, or that I don't have to face it, or that I haven't really woken up yet and am still in the safety of my dreams.
  6. Ascrnuone

Ascrnuone Member

For the past week I've been fine but for about a month before then it was just about everyday, but I had to throw myself out of bed cause I had deadlines to meet and I knew I'd only feel worse if I gave up. Trying to work while feeling like that was torture, and there was one night where I literally just couldn't move, I just lay on my bed and didn't move until midday the next morning :S.
  7. kreative1

kreative1 Well-Known Member

Almost everyday, when I wake up I start looking end to end in my room stressing, thinking why did I wake, takes me ages to think yep get up, I work 6 afternoons a week that's why I get up, otherwise I use to stay in bed 2-3 days, esp when I was on Aeropax. I'm slowly slipping back to 12+ hours in bed.:robin::robin::robin:
  8. Porpy

Porpy New Member

I don't want to go to sleep because I know there will be a new day. But I also want to go to sleep without the part of waking up, and get through the day all over again, try to blend in, go to work, interact, be here, ...
  9. every night i go to sleep hoping i won't wake up again
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.