Does thinking about killing yourself....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by wants2die, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wants2die

wants2die Well-Known Member

Does thinking about killing yourself kinda clam you down. You know like you feel good after thinking about it. hmmm am I pycodic?

2. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

No, that doesn't make you psychotic. It makes sense, considering if you're dead you won't have any worries like you do now. But what doesn't make sense is to make an attempt. There's a lot to enjoy about being alive.

3. booeyburgers

booeyburgers Active Member

thinking about suicide doesn't calm me down it just makes it worse. i try to think of something else which MIGHT make me stop from committing suicide.

4. down_and_low

down_and_low Active Member

Thinking about it does provide me a sense of relief, but doesn't excatly make me happy. It just kinda feels like it's the only option i have. Thing is i'm still too scared to do it so thinking about it is quite frustrating too. The peace i need and crave is still beyond my reach.

5. Blackness

Blackness Guest

yes it does...like I dont have to worry about ____ cos I'll be gone then anyway. Or yeh just thinking about it brings peace to me...

6. Beattles

Beattles Well-Known Member

it does both for me i guess

7. Ipse_Dixit

Ipse_Dixit Well-Known Member

The thing that calms me most is the actual practice runs I make. And it isn't enough to say I am calmed, but in the practice runs I actually feel clear and things make sense for the first time.

It's like for the first time I actually found the answer to "what am I supposed to do with my life?" An answer that satisfies both myself and the larger World that has repeatedly and forcefully has said, "Shut up. We don't care. Get out!"

Perhaps it shouldn't feel so "good" and "clear", but the fact is it does.

8. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

Yeah,it makes me feel better....then frustrated.

9. Bograt

Bograt Active Member

When I do, for a moment it makes me feel a little better ("I will have no more problems, etc...") But then I think of the after-effects with my friends and family and how my last act would hurt them, and I get even MORE depressed, a little circular drain to insanity, eh?

feel bad-think of kill myself-feel good for a sec-feel even worse-think of killing myself......

you see how it goes. I cope by trying to distract myself, like with this forum!

10. aqaq22

aqaq22 Well-Known Member

down and low said it the best for me

There's relief in knowing there is an option. Trouble is, unlike most options in this life, that's one that'll never be undone, taken back, reversed, overcome, or learned from

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2007
  11. Barbados

Barbados Well-Known Member

When it's just a idea phase where I'm just thinking of ideas for it yeah, but when I'm being serious and cant go through with it, I get frustrated to the point I get severe headaches.

12. wants2die

wants2die Well-Known Member

really? like what?

13. danni

danni Chat Buddy

thinking about it...actual for me know i kinda get more depress and everything

14. Will

Will Staff Alumni

Actually, I know what you mean. When I think of suicide, and I've sorta just said 'soon', I feel calm. I feel like there's not that much time left, and I feel relieved. I feel like maybe there's a limited time left for the pain. But when I get to a certain point, I feel like I don't want to suicide anymore, because I feel better. That doesn't last long, because once I feel better I remember why I wanted t die in the first place. So I'm sort of in a cycle, and I can't break it.

I know what you mean though:sad:

15. baofu

baofu Active Member

It makes me feel like I've never felt in my life.As if the void of death was sucking me, nothing could bother me, and then I have to snap out of it.

16. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

It used to have a calming effect on me but not anymore, or at least not often. I guess that phase wore out.

It makes me mad that the world makes me feel like killing myself. They have no right to go and make me feel that way, even if it's done out of ignorance.

^Now that sound like nutty talk, but it makes sense to me!

17. incombustible2000

incombustible2000 Well-Known Member

it kinda calms me, like i only have to deal with this crap for a little while longer, and then I will not have to deal with it anymore....... makes me calm

18. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

Not really.

19. Perishable

Perishable Well-Known Member

It does for me. Provides an option. When I feel option-less.
    But as other people have posted amoung this thread...
    Frustration tends to get the best me. Ripping my mind from indesicive-ness.

Living is crap. Living in today's world is like trying to find a needle in a haystack while 100,000,000,000 other people are looking for that same needle. The person who gets it...is able to live without severe mental damage causing problems.

But...
    Being Alive is something on another level. It's an alteration of thought.
    The Breath. The air. The capabilities of a human being. Being able to manipulate the land and farm and cause things to grow.
    To swim, run, walk, and play. Sing, read and write. All these aspects are simply astounding. The biggest trait we hold is progression. To PROGRESS!

The only thing I lack to all of this is the answer to the question. "Why?"

:blink: Furthermore contradicting everything I just typed?
    Fuck.

20. PontyCruizer

PontyCruizer Well-Known Member

same for me - i know where im goin to do - i know how im goin to do it
    i just dont think shes worth doin it for cos i feel like i wanna do it to get bk at her in someway but i know she wunt b botherd - but that wouldnt stop me, what stopped me is my gran - im 23 so you can imagine shes old, shes nearly 80 god bless her - she would have heartattack if i done anything there are many times durin the night i want to do it and a small number durin the day but its my gran that stops me - also the question with the answer i dont think so - is she worth it (the ex of 4 days) soon to be 5 - then a week and 2 weeks and a month and hopefully i wont be feelin so down and hopefully my gran will still b here - then i'll b on here for another reason - my gran passin - but i wouldnt b on long - just to say by cos with outmy gran now i have nothing but my daughter which i cant see cos the mother wants me bk n wont let me see her if i aint goin out with her - thats never goin to happen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.