does this happen to you?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Lauren Rose, Mar 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lauren Rose

Lauren Rose Member

Sometimes I feel like everything is going to be ok, and that I'm not as awful of a person as I think I am. But other times the thought of living even just for one more hour seems unbearable and impossible and that the only way out is just to stop it. It's a constant back and forth battle and I hate it. And I wish the "ok" parts were more often.

Why does it change so much, and is it depression if I'm not always like that? I hate this and I dont know what to do I just want it to stop
  2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Have you spoken to your doctor about it? I can't say if it is depression or not - I am not a doctor - but I do know that depression you can still have good days and bad days. Even if it isn't depression, your doctor can probably help. Maybe you need a mood stabiliser. Regardless, talk to your doctor. You re not an awful person and you deserve to feel better - and for the "okay" parts to last longer. Why do you think you are an awful person?
  3. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

I understand how you feel Lauren. Sometimes I feel good for awhile. But usually when I wake up in the morning the hopelessness has returned. I think it's depression, although I'm not really sure. I just wish it would stop.
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yes, that happens to me pretty often. Could be depression or even something else. A visit to the doctor would be best, because they will know more about it. Best of luck and I hope things improve for you :)
  5. Lestat

Lestat Well-Known Member

I can completely relate. I was just thinking the same thing which is why I came here.

This morning I felt great. I have felt less depressed for a few days now... But over the last few hours I have just felt shit.

Its odd isn't it? I think sometimes it's Reminders or expectations. I think I have been watching things that have reminded me of good times that I'll never get back. Also my own expectations that I'll get better and that things are ok... But deep down they're not.

You're definitely not alone. Maybe talking about it can help us all stop it
  6. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Hun you're not alone with this, I too have my good days and my bad... some mornings I wake up in a good mood and suddenly things just change.

Like people have already said, I think a visit to your doctor would be a good idea, it could really help you hun.

And no, you're really not an awful person. That is your brain trying to put you down. Don't listen to that. *hugs*

Go and get the help you deserve, and be kind to yourself!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.