does this make me a bad person?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by am i a bad person?, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i have a boyfriend who i love dearly but regardless, i still find myself contemplating suicide, thinking about how i'd kill myself, day dreaming about it... does this make me a bad person?

i have had depression for a while, i understand depression isn't something that can be turned off by a switch but i feel bad for feeling good about my own death..

2. sami

sami Well-Known Member

this doesn't make you a bad person. it is unhealthy to feel 'good' about thoughts of your own death, but it is part of the illness. are you in therapy? i hope you have someone to talk things through with, and call on if you're in crisis. stay safe x

3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

No, not at all does this make you a bad person. Depression is one of the hardest things to beat because it's in the mind, In your heart you love your bf and that's one of the things which makes you a good person ok.

4. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

It doesn't make you a bad person. I love my boyfriend and I still think about it. It's the depression that does this to us, we don't just wake up with no problems and say hmmm, I think I'll kill myself today. You are not a bad person. If you ever need to talk i'm always available to you. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.