Does time ever speed up?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jasonkramer, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonkramer

jasonkramer Well-Known Member

My last power was 10 days ago. When I saw that the only thing I could say was WTF. Seriously I thought it had been at least 3 weeks. But no my sense of time has betrayed me again. I remember being told in junior high that as I got older time would seem to go faster. Thus far this does not seem to be the case. It seems like time is taking just as long as it did when I graduated high school just short of 5 years ago. For some odd reason my mind seems to always overestimate how much time has passed. This can be very frustrating lol!

What is your perspective on the passage of time?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2010
  2. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

Man, wait until you just get a bit older, once I hit 25 or so the time just flew by, still does in my early 40's. When they say time goes by fast when you're having fun, grrrr, whoever said that is wrong.:huh:

3. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

I think its different for everyone. Right now I think it goes by way to fast. Sometimes it feels like I was just 11 years old yesterday, but I'm 15 years old now. The saying that time flys by faster as you get older really does apply to me, but it doesn't have to for everyone.

4. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I feel sort of the same. I don't remember the last four months as four months, maybe two, in my head it is still the beginning of November. Can't believe this year will be over soon

5. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say it goes all that fast. But I guess time tends to drag if you're doing nothing at all?

It's usually when I'm in school that time tends to slow down to a fucking crawl, lol.

But otherwise, someones got the cruise control on!

6. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

For me time go faster when I am not having fun, and i've been completely alone for the past year mostly spending time in my room. New Year is already coming and the last NY eve was like yesterday for me, I can remember what movies I have watched and what i was doing at that time.
    I really hate TIME, really hate it, days go on and on and I feel like I am not ready yet to take part on this planet, so i found myself 29 yo. loser who watched world going by. I wish i can turn it back, but I can't...

7. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Nah-- it's all hindsight.
    The 'speeding time' thing is really you just looking back and thinking; "holy crap! I did this,this,and this all in that time!?"
    If you managed to accomplish alot then time will have seemed to go by faster. If you sit on your ass the whole time, it will have gone by quickly because you feel like you haven't been able to catch up yet.

Time goes by slowly when I'm thinking of the present.
    Holy shit, does it ever go slow!
    If I were enjoying my life a bit, I'm sure I would feel like there weren't enough hours in the day.

'Time flies when you're having fun', right?

8. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Time speeds up when your running late for work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.