Does your emotional numbness manifest physically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLKane

food loses it's taste, I phase out and stop hearing things and my vision blurs, generally duller hearing, pretty much no sense of smell, more sensative to touch, but not in a good way. I have less energy, and am either sluggish all day or have a hyper period and then I'm shattered. I sometomes just stop in the middle of eating something, like don't take another bite just hold it, because I want the food but I just can't see the point, so I don't put it away but I don't eat it either.

icequeen

when i am in what i describe as a numb phase i am emotionally numb, you could tell me the most horrific story or threaten my life and i wld just shrug my shoulders, i care for nothing and no one. nothing hurts me, i see hear or feel nothing and it doesnt matter, its almost a safe place as i would rather not feel the pain of reality. its like living in the twilight zone and more and more it makes me calm rather than scared.

i know i get to the point where everything moves so slow my brain my movements i just go slow mode
i often feel like i can't actually move- because if i do, i'll just faint or something
food loses it's taste, I phase out and stop hearing things and my vision blurs, generally duller hearing, pretty much no sense of smell, more sensative to touch, but not in a good way. I have less energy, and am either sluggish all day or have a hyper period and then I'm shattered. I sometomes just stop in the middle of eating something, like don't take another bite just hold it, because I want the food but I just can't see the point, so I don't put it away but I don't eat it either.
That's how I feel. Sometimes it looks like I can't even think, like my brain doesn't work, I try real hard to get back to the thought I was having and it takes, what feels like, too much time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00