Does your emotional numbness manifest physically?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by calypsoissick, May 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calypsoissick

calypsoissick Member

It happens a lot. I get so emotionally numb that my body starts to go numb. Has that ever happened to you?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i know i get to the point where everything moves so slow my brain my movements i just go slow mode

3. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

huh... I don't think so. Food has less taste, that's about the closest thing I experience to what you're describing.

4. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

i tend to get really sick, and also very shaky (mainly in my legs). i often feel like i can't actually move- because if i do, i'll just faint or something

5. MLKane

MLKane Well-Known Member

food loses it's taste, I phase out and stop hearing things and my vision blurs, generally duller hearing, pretty much no sense of smell, more sensative to touch, but not in a good way. I have less energy, and am either sluggish all day or have a hyper period and then I'm shattered. I sometomes just stop in the middle of eating something, like don't take another bite just hold it, because I want the food but I just can't see the point, so I don't put it away but I don't eat it either.

6. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

when i am in what i describe as a numb phase i am emotionally numb, you could tell me the most horrific story or threaten my life and i wld just shrug my shoulders, i care for nothing and no one. nothing hurts me, i see hear or feel nothing and it doesnt matter, its almost a safe place as i would rather not feel the pain of reality. its like living in the twilight zone and more and more it makes me calm rather than scared.

7. Porpy

Porpy New Member

That's how I feel. Sometimes it looks like I can't even think, like my brain doesn't work, I try real hard to get back to the thought I was having and it takes, what feels like, too much time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.