Does your family remind you of any off of TV/Books?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Illusion, Mar 18, 2011.

?

Does your family remind you of any off of TV/Books?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. A little

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Other (specify?)

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

A little bit for me. My family tends to remind me of the Griswold's from a couple of National Lampoon movies. Always trying to be a happy family but crazy shit is always and I mean ALWAYS going wrong. Then we're not exactly the happy family anymore. Though in the end we're all somewhat bonded. So yeah.. I figure not a lot of people are gonna have a relation like I did, but I figure this would be a pretty cool thread. Reason why I said a little bit is because my family isn't 100% like the Griswold's, but pretty similar to them.

2. duka

duka Well-Known Member

Only certain members. One sister's like Lindsay from Arrested Development, and another sister's like Hilary from The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. But other than that, not really.

3. Illusion

Interesting. What you posted gave me an idea about multiple characters being like people we know instead of just 1 specific family itself.
    I bet I could come up with some more when my mind isn't so scattered.

EDIT:
    Oh! My family says I'm just like Darlene from Roseanne. I have to agree with them on that 100%. Shes pessimistic and sarcastic like me a lot.

4. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

Other.

Not my family, but me, Al Bundy has always reminded me of myself, though I'm just a tad lower than him.:mhmm:

5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hahaha! Al Bundy is awesome!!!

My family is the Griswolds all the way. Anytime we go on a trip, it's one stupid thing after another. It'd be funny, if it wasn't actually happening to me.

6. Illusion

LOL, same. Gah, I love trips but not with my family. A series of bad events always happen. Whether we get lost, piss some people off, or we all get annoyed by each other and argue.

7. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

:lol!: I know! I love watching stuff like that, when it's happening to other people! NOT when I'm living it!

My one consolation is that this has never happened to us;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDkbYDFlINM

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2011
  8. Illusion

LOL. I love the Griswolds. Though I don't love it when my family repeats similar actions they do. :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.