Doesn't everyone agree that all loneliness does is make life suck?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Ldub20, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

You know which type of loneliness I am talking about: the loneliness of longing to belong but feeling powerless to stop feeling like an outcast.

2. triedtoomanytimes

triedtoomanytimes Well-Known Member

I think one of the main problems is we often don't want to mix with people who might be willing to mix with us. I've spoken to many people who have said they are lonely, and equally many people have spoken to me, but we pick and choose who we want to associate with. So in that sense, perhaps we make our selves lonely more than being an 'outcast'

3. Samara

Samara Account Closed

Ldub, get yourself into a group where it's not so much about you, but the activity. Get an activity, that way you are not forced to talk or anything, unless you want to, and the bonding can happen over the activity; instead of solely what kind of person you are.

Initially, it's very easy to scare anyone off, obviously, with impressions, because a person doesn't know you. That doesn't mean you are not worth knowing, or had they had a different impression they would have maybe loved to get to know who you are anyway.

But in some situations where it is solely about what you say, like just hanging out with people, talking...then obviously you are going to be stuck, and feel outcast.

Again, make it about an event, something you can do together with people; that way you can talk about that thing, share in that thing....and slowly bring out the person you are inside without scaring anyone off, or feeling really silly in the process.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.