dogs know, i think puppies do to?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by foreverhurricane, Dec 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my 4 month old puppy hasnt whined or barked all day, ive been back and forth btw killing myself and shes acting so depressed and different than normal. Its really weird. I think she knows. Its like shes telling me not to. I dont know ...ive heard of dogs doing things to cheer their owners up but not puppies. i sat in her closed off closet and she just laid down on me and licked my hand slowly wagging her tail. Its making me feel horrible I just wish she understood why.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Aww :hug:

I also think dogs know when we're sad/happy etc..Maybe it's a sign for you to hang on :hug:

3. jam1e

jam1e Guest

Dogs are amazing! I have two!

They can always tell my mood, i know it sounds weird but they do!:smile:

4. LostSpirit

LostSpirit Well-Known Member

Dogs. do pick up on emotions just like we do.. my lil doggie.. used to always know when i was sad and depressed and he would always try and lick my nose..... Animals cant even talk, which goes to show... not always do you need someone to listen, just to know someone does care

5. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

Sounds like a smart pet you have. They can be a good companion, especially when some people are so lonely.

6. Kunera

Kunera Well-Known Member

Wow. Pets really are amazing, aren't they?

7. whybother?

whybother? Well-Known Member

i remember 1 time i was laying in bed crying silently to myself and i was seriously thinkin about killing myself more and more, and for no reason my dog came upstairs into my room and layed next to me all nite, for NO reason at all, how weird is that?? i miss her :(

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

My pup just turned one year old. He is very smart and knows when I am down. He will just lie there next to me, making sure he is touching me. Sometimes he will get up on the bed and act silly to try and get a smile out of me. I highly reccomend pet therapy. It will give you someone to love, and someone relying on you for exercise, feeding, vet bills, someone to love them back. It gives you a responsibility that you have to do everyday. Once your out of bed then try to also set small goals for you to try. Stay Strong!!~Joseph~

9. levitated-one

levitated-one Well-Known Member

Dogs are very understanding creatures and many are a lot smarter than most humans think they are..I wish i can have a nice companion dog at home, everything is like dead at home...living with parents but not talking or eating with them, everyone doing their own thing..so unfriendly..

10. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

I think dogs are very tuned into our emotions they seem to know when were having a bad day and want to comfort us and be near us

11. Atheist Demon

Atheist Demon Account Closed

Reminds me of that story of that dog who was brave enough to bring his friend's body off a busy street after being hit. I <3 Dogs, my friend use to have a beagle name Taz, I loved that dog, but it seemed always depressed. I felt sorry for Taz. My aunt won't give me a pet, so I have basicially nothing.

12. Smashed__

Smashed__ Well-Known Member

I wasn't there, but I believe most itelligent animals can sense a difference in a persons emotions if they're bonded in some way. That said, as muhc as I am pro-choice, please don't kill yourself and leave the pup in a closet. =[ I don't know your history, if you live alone, or if you go through this thinking regularly but I would hate for two living beings to die when that wasn't your intention.

13. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Dogs do seem to be very in tune with our emotions.
    I know whenever I'm down or depressed my puppy and my older dog will come and sit with me, its sweet. Dogs make a great companion.

14. faeriegirl

faeriegirl Active Member

My dog saved my life last year. I had a hand full of pills that DH was trying to get away from me-I was going to take them. I wouldnt give them to him, so my dog bit me (not hard, didnt break skin, just enough to startle me) in the arm of the hand holding the pills. It DID startle me and I dropped them. So yeah, pets know. When I'm in a funk, the dogs dont leave my side.

15. weltunter

weltunter Member

My cat does not budge from my side right now, He keeps very close to me, even closer than usual. It's breaking my heart... He deserves a better person than me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.