Doing a yard sale yet stressful

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpk

For some reason my wife decides to have a yard sale next weekend and starts pulling boxes from the crawlspace.
This has created stress as I view this as throwing away my life and selling it for pennies on the dollar. I know this is a irrational thought and that it is just material things. Yet by going through some of my stuff I find things that lead me back to troubled times I had before such as a failed marriage and job.
I know that you should things are just that things yet they are attached to both the good and bad side of lives.
Stressful going through the stuff.

Brian777

Safety and Support
SF Artist
SF Supporter
I can understand that being a stressful situation, especially at this time. Probably something that could have waited until you were feeling better. Sorry to hear to hear this my friend. Hang in there and I hope the medication kicks in soon.
Brian

mpk

Thank you Brian. I have felt pretty good the last couple of days yet it may be a placebo affect. I told my wife about my feelings and her response is it is just material things. I agree with that yet as I said there was a lot of stuff tied to both good and bad times to go through. On a humorous note it is amazing how much crap you can collect over the years :)

Brian777

Safety and Support
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Brian, sorry I forgot to ask you about your appointment. Did it go well for you?
Actually I wasn't that impressed, I think I was only in his office for 10mins and all he did was increase my antidepressant dosage and prescribe a sleeping pill, nothing about therapy except a grief therapy group. I've found more help on this site than from the psychiatrist. I guess they make money by the amount of patients they see, kind of sad that things are like that. Oh well, I like the people here much better anyway lol.
Hey, I know it's soon but are you feeling anything from the meds yet? I'm hoping they make a big difference for you :)

mpk

Brian, I'm sorry it was like that. I guess it has to be about the money or they are so overwhelmed that the can't spend a lot of time with somebody.
I have felt better the last couple of days yet I think it is the placebo affect. We will see in a week or so. It does make me tired but sleep is still hit or miss.

Brian777

Safety and Support
SF Artist
SF Supporter
If you feel better......that is great.....even if it is the placebo effect. Your body will adjust to it and you won't be as tired after that. You'll probably have more energy and feel more uplifted. Good stuff!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00