doing better

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Vitreledonellidae, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

I havent been here for a while, but I just wanted to let some people know I'm getting better. Thanks to my love, I realised there is so much more in life. Living with bulimia isnt a life. Throwing up isnt daily anymore, its now once or twice a month or something. Im doing much better, I feel much better. I dont consider myself anymore as bulimic. But they still want me in this group of girls with eating disorders. I dont want to, I dont need that anymore. But I just dont know how to tell my therapist this. I dont know how she will react. Im scared of it. I dont want to hear I still belong there. Thats the past, bad times, I dont wanna get reminded of it, I dont want to hear a thing about it anymore. Bah, I should have stopped when you all told me to
  2. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

:hug: glad to hear you are doing better hun. I'm also glad you have someone special in your life.

Stay safe and tell your therapist how you feel. You never know..yu might be surprised.

3. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Yay, Julz, that is awesome news, hun. :hug:
  4. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I'm glad you are doing better, sweetie. :hug:
  5. Vitreledonellidae

I shouldnt have said that.. Tomorrow I really have my first day off for months. The past months I've been constantly busy. Working, therapy, busy in the new house, boyfriend. And now Im thinking of what to do tomorrow. Im making plans again too lose weight, eating barely, over exercising. I feel like crying atm. And I dont if its because I want to do it, or because I missed it so much. I feel so pathetic, so retarded.
  6. Vitreledonellidae

I just hate everything about myself, I hate everythig I do, I hate everything I make. I've been too easy for myself the past months. I gained a few pounds again. I look fucking horrible ugly atm, I feel so damn ugly and disgusting. I cant understand why I've started to believe all your lies. Look what it has done to me. It didnt make me get better at all. I need to stick to my thoughts, they never lie to me. They are so damn honest. It kills me more when people give me compliments, instead of my thoughts critisizing, slating me. Bah
  7. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Awwww :hug: Sweetie if you ever want to talk to can PM my anytime.
  8. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Youve done so well lately. Its good to keep busy as long as you dont exhaust yourself, you might be starting to reach that point, good time to just relax for a few days, maybe get a few days off is possible? Small relapses into old patterns might happen from time to time, starting to think negatively about yourself, but basically I think your getting better. Youve come so far in 12 months. I know you want everything to be perfect, but credit where credit is due, youve made a lot of progress. Its great youve found someone special to share your life with, im sure he will provide you with a lot of love and strength. You certainly deserve it. Take good care of yourself :hug:
  9. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

First of all I admire everything you said in your first post. It's great that you can have that outlook in life. As for your later posts, that's going to come and go. Even if you do recover, it's not an instant thing. It will be on/off, kind of touch and go. It's not going to get better and then everything will be perfect... you'll fight it every day. It's just a matter of being strong enough to realize it and fighting it, or letting it defeat you. You can overcome it, but it will take work and it will take time. I'm not going to say it's easy, trust me I'm not, because that would just be the biggest lie in the world. It's going to be hard. It's going to be really hard and I'm not going to lie about that, but from your first post alone I can see how much progress you are making. That feeling may not have stayed with you forever, but the fact that you were at that point is admirable in and of itself, and you should be proud of that. Hang on to that feeling, and when things get tough just remember everything you said in your first post. I hope everything works out for you. PM me if you ever need anyone to talk to, and let us (or at least me) know how you're doing. Don't backtrack on the progress you've made, because it really is evident that you've made so much.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.