Doing it . My mind is made up.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pogosticker, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pogosticker

pogosticker Well-Known Member

Not strictly to plan given it's a Sunday and I can't buy any vodka because the store's closed. But I have several boxes of **** and a bunch of other random stuff too. My sister is supposed to be leaving soon to go out for the night. When she goes, I'm done. I hope she does go out, because I can't do it with her here. I think she is.

Thank you all for the help and support and unbelievable amount of kindness you've offered to me. But I'm done.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2012
  2. pogosticker

Re: Doing it My mind is made up.

Luckily she's going to watch Titanic.. so she'll be gone for a while. Hopefully I'll be way out of it when she's back.

3. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

Pogosticker, what are you thinking about?

4. pogosticker

don't worry.

5. Rainfall

Rainfall Well-Known Member

Don't...how would your sister feel?

6. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Go watch the movie with her.

7. pogosticker

Guys, don't worry. I had all the pills next to me but couldn't swallow more than 2. Memories of my last OD came back, the awful taste, the sick to my stomach feelings.. so I just sat here like an idiot for about an hour before I put them all in the bin. Feel sick now, but that's a psychological thing because I only took 2 pills. I'm not ok, but I'm not at risk tonight. The thought of pills makes me gag.

8. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

This is good news to those of us reading. Why is it important to us? We don't know you and we have nothing at stake or to gain, but perhaps we realize how precious life is and we cannot stand to see someone lose that for themselves. Everyone has had their ups and downs in life - I've had some very challenging things to live through and let me tell you it's been enough to send most people off the deep end, and I've had to fight to keep from going there. That said, there is always another day, another week, another month, and another year. What I find that helps me the most, despite reasons many would find depressing beyond belief, is helping others. I don't mean just here, this is less than 0.0001% of what I do in that respect and I don't even consider this site a part of that "helping" that I prescribe to --- but it could be a good place to start for you and others, and from there on to even bigger things. Helping out in the community with homeless animals/pets, or with children in youth groups, volunteering to help at soup lines or to sit with the elderly, or ANYTHING... it really can help give meaning and purpose and can switch off those bad feelings upstairs sometimes. I hope you'll consider that, or something else... whatever helps bring you peace in life while living it. It does get better, honest.

9. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

are you getting any help pogo and next time you get like trhis hospital might be a good place to go as image if you had of gone through with this what emotional damage you would have done to your sis.Even try going for a good walk just to change scenery for a while and clear your head.I am glad too see you still around and also glad your still reaching out here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.