Doing so well... Want to give up

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by skypenguin, Jul 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skypenguin

skypenguin Member

After years of therapy and a great counselor I was doing really well in life. A few days ago the girl I just started seeing had a breakdown and left unexpectedly for an evening. I was taking care of her dog at her place imagining the worst when I didn't hear back.
    Ever since this night I feel triggered and trapped Into this terrible situation. Where I just don't feel like living anymore. It's not her fault, but I'm just back in a hopeless head space where everything in life is just a huge chore for no purpose at all. I work with inert welding gasses which provide such an easy way out, and the temptation is there every day. I'm thankful for many things in life, and know that it could be much worse. I feel like a hamster on a wheel of work with no purpose or joy. There is just no compelling reason to keep trying other than to keep wearing myself out everyday to sleep and do it all again.

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Are you still seeing the counselor that helped you get better or did you get better and no longer need them? If things have taken a backwards turn, I would really suggest going back to the method that worked to pull you out of it before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.