1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doing what you can

Discussion in 'Mid Life and Getting Older' started by Null, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Null

Null Well-Known Member

I have struggled with depression and suicidal idealization for a long time. I've tried really hard to do the things I can to make my mental health as good as it can be.

I've learned to be friendly but I still cant make friends.
    I found a voice but still struggle to be heard.
    I try hard to make a difference at work but I still feel invisible.
    I love my family but I don't feel loved by them.
    I wake up everyday, but I feel lost.

I wish everyday I had a friend to talk to so I didn't have to feel so alone but no one wants me.

I struggle everyday to be OK with those feelings and to a certain extent I've been able to accept that I'm not going to ever feel the good things I crave. I'm just waiting to die.

2. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this

None of us are ever alone here, because we have each other

There's more to treating depression than just meds and therapy, though that's part of it. The links in my signature might help.

Maybe re-establishing connections with your family might help, if that's possible. Do you think that family counseling might help?

3. Null

Null Well-Known Member

I honestly don't understand what you mean. Where you alluding to something else? I'm just confused by this statement.

Yes, it is an option. I have had my SO come in to my apt before but it was not helpful unfortunately.

I think the point I was trying to make was more about myself, but I don't have the words to express exactly what I am feeling.

I have trouble understanding shit I guess.... Its all the same.

4. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

Oh, I mean that none of us here on SF are ever alone, because we are here for each other. So you've got someone to talk to, because you've got us to talk to

I think family counseling/couples counseling is different than just having your SO go to an appointment with you.

Maybe it would help.

I guess the thing that I am hearing is that you are feeling alienated and hopeless

5. Null

Null Well-Known Member

I appreciate the suggestion and I will genuinely consider the recommendation. This is why I used the words "Yes, it is an option" in response to your earlier question. My apologies if this wasn't clear.