Donated Blood!

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Mathale, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Mathale

Mathale Well-Known Member

Apart from my arm right now aching like anything, i feel so proud of myself!!!

im 22-23, and for 3 years i considered myself not the type to donate organs... but thought , ''you know what?! Im going to donate blood instead''

First time too... felt a bit nervous because of the concept of draining blood out of me... but the nurses were amazing and bubbly so all bad thoughts vanished in seconds.

I live to help others and always take volunteer support roles! I know most of my actions are not altruistic because i do it to feel good too, but it always leaves me feeling fantastic... Its something that if we all did, life becomes so much more worth it.

This time.. donating blood.... even though its unfortunate that my blood will have to be used... i just know that I've just contributed to saving a life. One day, someone one out there, god bless them, will be alive because of the aid of people like us!

cracking feeling! :sparkle:
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Good for you giving blood I tried once but my blood is always to low in hemoglobin I think giving blood is very admirable
  3. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

I used to go three or four times a year...ultimately I even got a "five gallon" pin. Giving blood is a great thing to do, especially if you have no money to donate to charity (like me.)

Too bad I'm now permanently deferred due to my hypothyroidism. :sad:
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

well done :clap: :hug:
  5. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

I tried giving blood a few times but my veins kept colapsing so i was 'NoGood' but my dad has been giving blood 4 times a yr (or as often as your allowed) for like 46 yrs now. In Ireland they give you free guiness afterwards to build up iron lol.
  6. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

I can donate blood since mine's all filled with painkillers (that I have to take), or I would.

Well done!
  7. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Nice, always a good feeling to know you've helped someone! :smile: