Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Cmbaldridge, Jun 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cmbaldridge

Cmbaldridge New Member

Thinking about suicide a lot recently. Every time I think of how fucked my life has become, I just think about <Mod Edit: Methods>.

I was married to the same girl I had been with for 7 years. We had a son September 8th, 2011. Long story short, she cheated on me and I have been this way ever since. We have been on and off trying to fix things but tonight she asked if we could just see other people. So I signed the divorce papers I've had stashed away for months. I lost my job in NYC and have severe financial stress. I'm in insurmountable debt. I lost my car and my phone is shut off. I went from living very well and comfortably, to losing everything due to depression and drinking. I don't see an out. I just can't stand it. It's to much. I have no one else to borrow from. No one else to help me. Im at my end. I hope I make it through for my sons sake. But at this rate I don't know if I'll be able to withstand.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Really sorry to hear how tough things have been for you. Here if you need to talk :hug:
  3. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

Just wondering.. if you could change anything.. any choice YOU made.. what would it be?
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

YOU CAN make it through ok you hold on to the love of you son and you reach out to get help for your depression and drinking problems and you start on a new path ok
    People do that and you can start over too Don't let one preson betrayal take you away from your son. You can find another love ok one that is true hugs
  5. mandy

mandy Well-Known Member

Sorry if I sound like an asshole in any way but here's what I think. 1. You HAVE to get sober , like no moderation , no here and there, drinking will perpetutate your sadness. It nearly ruined my fathers life, and he's been sober for almost 18 years, and only when he was sober could he fix anything in his life. My whole family suffers from alcoholism and none of them can solve any of their issues. You may need to go to AA but that's what you have to do for yourself. Then you can figure everything else out, but you need to be okay first. Do what you have to do. I know you can. But ending it is NEVER the answer because one day you're gonna be glad you didn't. You are going to have so much good shit happen but you have to be alive for it to happen. You will meet people who will help you along the way and you will gain strength on the journey. I't's okay, everything will be okay, I promise. Just stay alive. Please talk to me any time :) and stay strong for yourself and your son.
  6. lufluf

lufluf Member

Hi, I am writing only to say I know a little how it feels like you are in a dark hole and just can't see the end of it. Last year I lost everything but one thing that really did me in was this girl I was with for about 6 years. We were getting engaged and all and then it just ended because of her family. A few days ago I found out she is getting married in September this year and just when I was able to get out of bed without feeling like, "what's the point?", "my life is done". Today I am again in the same spot as I was 1 year ago with my pain / depression.
    I think its good that you want to be alive for the sake of your son that is something that can pull you out of that hole. I hope you can fight past your struggle.
  7. Cmbaldridge

Cmbaldridge New Member

Thanks everyone. Still having the same thoughts but doing my best to fight them. I had a blow up with the ex again and it made things worse lol. But I'll be fine. Thank you for all the concern! Means a lot..
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiyas, I am glad that you are doing well fighting those thoughts because that is tough. I'm glad you say you will be of luck to you :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.