Don't be afride.

Discussion in 'Bullying and Violence' started by carbon monoxide perfume, Jun 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well my friend was getting picked on by two Mexicans at lunch. I am very protective over my friends, or people that mean something to me. I am not a tough guy, I don't act tough, I am tall and skinny. The best way to stop bulling i s to do something about it, Well anyways those two Mexicans threw food at him , so we decided in my band class if they did it today we were going to fight them. So lunch time came around and they threw food at him and he did not do anything, so I got up and picked my chair up, and hit the kid in the face with the metal legs of it, well the one kid i hit in the face was on the ground bleeding, then i just got on top of him hitting him in the face, the other kid Was in shock or something. Well Needless to say hey never messed with him again, I got 10days instead of 5days for splitting his face open and making him go to the hospital, I had police charges on me, but when the kids family found out that he was a bully they dropped the charges. You did not have to go far as I did and hit the kid with a chair, but you do need to stand up for yourself, even if you know you will get beat up, show them that you wont take shit from no one, because you don't have to, you are in charge of your life, Don't feel weak and helpless because your're not.

2. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Well violence is not the answer :(

3. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Umm, I'm sorry that your friend got bullied but violence is not hte answer especially the means you took. Why not just punch the kid, not saying I'd condone that either?? You hit him with a chair that had metal legs...doy ou realize the damage you could have done and the charges you could have faced. Personally I think that you are lucky you only got 10 days of suspension or whatever it is..instead o fprison time for possibly causing brain damage.

Next time tell someone, or just lay a punch ....

4. Well you guys went to school in a different age, then me, It is not like how it was back then. Sometimes violence is the answer:/ If they make someone feel bad on the inside, then they don't have any consideration for them, so why would I consider trying to talk to him, to get laughed at, he deserved what he got, I would not change what I have done either!

5. ~PinkElephants~

People were always bullied no matter what time or era it was in. I'm not that much older than you. If you think things thrown at you is a reason for violence than you don't know what true bullying is I'm sorry. There are people out there that get punched, kicked, and beaten by bullies every day and they don't go around slamming chairs into peoples head. I will reiterate again you are damn lucky you didnt' cause permanent damage to that kid b/c you'd be in far worse trouble than just some suspension.

And again...younger kids hate when age is brought into this..it doesn't matter when I went to school ...violence still isn't justified. Today's kids think the only answer is to become violent and thats sad.

6. Its because, people won't stop unless violence is thr answer. Yes you can go to a adult, but that usually will get things whorse. They will bring it out of school, and you say that just them throwing food at my frends, was not bad bulling? Its shouls not matter what kind of bulling it is they should not do it in the first place. The kid that I hit in the face with a chair, that was wrong on my part, I just got angry, as I have posted in another forum that I have anger issues, but still in most cases you will have to resort to violence, because people in this era don't want to sit down and just say "hey why are you picking on me, is it just because I am not as cool as you?" they will laugh, and i rather hear them cry then see them laugh at me!!!!

7. ~PinkElephants~

You make it like kids nowadays only resort to violence. Granted there's a lot of it but that's not true. I never said any kind of bullying was warranted what i said was your actions far exceeded what needed to be done. Next time throw food back at him, push him shove him..don't hit him with a chair. You said that violence is the answer..that my friend is why this earth is going to shit..because you believe that the resolution to all problems is to beat the crap out of someone. You sit there and say that in the past violence wasn't as bad..well youa re right. Violence wasn't as bad because people didn't feel the need to throw a fist, or pull a gun or a bad or a chair to resolve their arguements.

You say violence is the answer to stop violence..so when does that cycle stop? Basically you are saying that two wrongs do make a right..which is ludicrous and false. I'm sorry that your friend is or was getting picked on..i feel for him BUT I will nto sit here and say "congrats dude on your actions" because I think you thought foolishly and unwisely.

If you do have anger issues liek you say you do..get help before those issues end you in jail or far worse..dead. Because one day you will cross the wrong person who thinks like you and thinks that violence solves violence

8. Ever hear fight fire with fire? The world was going to shit ever sence humans walked on it. If you haven't noticed kids have started becomming more and more violent each generation. I did not say violence is the only answer, but in bulling situations it is. For me messing with the wrong person, I can only hope it happens sence I am to much of a pussy to do it myself. Sorry for the rude word. But it's true. I really don't want you to say what I did was right either, I did what I did because if anyone messes with anyone I care about ill hurt them, or get hurt trying. People are not as weak as they think they are, they just need some curage to do something about it.

9. tphillip

tphillip Member

Sometimes violence is necessary to end violence.

I've been bullied as a kid but it stopped when the punches started flying. Reasoning, empty words/threats, and talking to adults did nothing to stop it. Since none of the authorities/adults in charge didn't want to do anything about it I took matters into my own hands and did what I felt was necessary. It was a draw in the end, but I was never messed with again.

Is violence always the answer? No. But at many levels of society we use violence to stop violence. That's why soldiers & cops have guns and are trained in martial arts. Some people do not understand anything else and will continue to hurt (Or worse) people until someone does something to them.

The chair was a bit much, but not knowing the situation I may have done the same thing. A saying I have heard from many people I respect sums up my feeling on violence: Never start a fight, but always be prepared to finish it.

10. Greenforest

Greenforest Well-Known Member

But if he threw food at them, it would propably just made them more excited. Bullies want to make their victim react somehow, to see them suffer. It's an option that we just sit back scared and do nothing and think it would be horrible to make those bullies feel bad, but what will it change? You can be polite, but if the others have no good in them, only evil, they can't be fought with nice words.

What was the quote? "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

I don't feel bad for the bullies, they deserved it, and worse. I don't have pity for evil people.

11. ~PinkElephants~

Than you don't have pity for the kid that smashed the other kid witht he chair..because that was evil.

12. Malcontent

Malcontent Staff Alumni

This is coming from someone who was very badly bullied.

I don't think bullies are evil, they are cruel, nasty, pathetic little worms. But at the same time they're kids. Most often bullies have a bad home life and that's why they do what they do. They're jealous of the people they bully, and can't express themselves, are frustrated etc. Of course that's not excusing them, bullying is an awful thing and bullies should be punished. But the real people at fault are the parents and teachers who either don't see it or ignore it, and allow it to continue. And also society itself for not seeing bullying as a serious problem.

Violence solves nothing, it just escalates. It goes from punches to knives to guns, to people killing their classmates cos they looked at them funny. Where do you think that comes from? The idea of fighting violence with violence. Yes, people should defend themselves. I learnt to defend myself by taking the piss out of the bully, that way their friends laugh at them and they don't get their fix of power.

If you really wanna fight against bullying, we the people who have lived through it should do something about it. Campaining against it and things like that. Not sitting here condoning one kid smashing another's face in with a metal chair.

13. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

I think a metal chair was way over the top. The bullies were not physically violent first, and there's a world of difference between punching someone in the face and hitting them in the face with a chair.

But I do believe that often violence is the only language these people understand. It was certainly the case with me in Middle School. I had a rotten time of it in year 7 (when I was 11/12), I'd always been bullied and I'd been beaten up but things escalated drastically. Save for two guys in my year (who I am close friends with to this day, especially one of them) no-one would talk to me or acknowledge my presence unless it was to shout abuse at me. Everyone whispered about me behind my back. I couldn't sit in a lesson without having things thrown at me, lumps cut out of my hair, my exercise books taken. PE was hell, I had clothes shoved down toilets and I've been kicked and laughed at by everyone in the room whilst only in my underwear. Breaktimes and lunchtimes I started getting physically threatened and assaulted, to varying degrees, mainly by guys.

I did everything right. Told the teachers, had my mum come in and talk to them, everything. Tryed not to end up on my own at all, stick with L___. But the only thing that stopped it in the end was giving people nosebleeds and swollen faces. I hadn't ever fought back and then one day I just swung for someone. That person never tried anything again. I did the same with the others (only when being physically threatened, though) and gradually people ended up with a kind of grudging respect for me. By the time we got to High School quite a few of them had "switched sides" and would stick up for me if anyone else tried anything.

I never went looking for a fight, and I never hospitalised anyone or anything. But it was definitely the right thing for me to do, I don't doubt it at all.

Just my 2C.

14. So I'm evil? If what you are trying to condone, is me taking my aggression out on bullies with a metal chair was evil? Then I suppose That everyone is evil because we all have malice, and animosity towards someone, which the thought in itself is evil. Bullies deserve what they get, Taking there anger out on someone who showed no aggression towards them. If I could have gotten away with it I would have loved to stick the chair through his fucking face. Sorry for the language once again. For bullies having a bad home life, they don't have to take it out on someone who did nothing to them. I have had a bad home life for 8 years, and I don't take it out on people that don't do anything. I kind of wished I would have gotten picked on, just so I can beat the fuck out whoever bullied me. If you haven't noticed war is fought with violence, not words, it's because everyone is uncivilized, and like a animal that is uncivilized, we put it to sleep.

15. ~PinkElephants~

I'm merely quoting what the member before me said....b/c he said he pity's evil people...so i'm sorry but i find that if you take metal chair to someones head yes that's evil..especially since your means of violence over exceeded what those bullies did. Simply punching them in the face would suffice. And you don't need to swear at me to get your point across. Simply talking like a civilized human will suffice also..thanks

16. ~Nobody~

Ooh my input has been overlooked :blink:.

I think Kells meant that smashing a chair into someone's face is an evil act, not that you are an evil person.

17. ~PinkElephants~

Noddy-
    I'm not condoning or codeming violence im merely stating that the means he took was far excessive. I understand we are in a violent world etc..but he got food thrown at him..punch him..dont break a chair over his head..bit excessive for the actions that were done to his friend.

18. ~Nobody~

I agreed :yes:.

I just disagreed with the idea stated by some people that violence is never the answer. It wouldn't be if everyone thought that way, but unfortunately they do not.

19. Kanani79 I did not swear at you in anyway? Maybe not to be mean, you need to re-read what I typed. I never said anything directly to you. It does not matter what the bully did tho, there were 2 of them, I will use any resources I need, to make sure I don't get hurt, A simple punch in the face, would not suffice, because, then I would have 2 people beat me up, the kid the got hit with a chair deserves it, you just don't go around, and pick on people you should be expecting that your going to get hurt, and the kid was okay, he had a concussion that is all. Ever since then no one messed with my friend again=)
    I am sure we can argue all day saying that who is right.

20. ~PinkElephants~

I'm sorry you feel that smashing a chair into someones face is a deserving thing to do. I never said that what they did didn't matter either and I'm not going to discuss who is wrong and who is right. What I am saying is throwing food at someone does not warrant a chair to the head. This is the last thing I'm going to say about this because clearly you will not see that hitting someone that hard could have caused serious damage. I just hope in the future you don't bite off more than you can chew..because one day that anger of yours is gonna be taken out on the wrong person. I wish you nothing but the best. Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.