Don't be fooled.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by cloud9, Mar 13, 2010.

1. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

When people say you look good or that you're cute, I don't buy it. After all beautiful people know that they're beautiful. On the flip side, those who aren't know that they aren't good looking. Of course, people are going to be polite and tell you that maybe you're cute, that you look good etc. After all, saying anything negative would be assholic of them, right? I have a mirror at home thank you very much. Maybe I haven't exactly come in terms with it, but I mean who really likes to acknowledge that they're ugly? I know where I fit on this spectrum. Stop with your cheap baseless flattery. If anything you're just highlighting the fact that I don't look good. Stop bringing attention to it and stop bringing other people's attention to it. I hate it, I don't want to be embarassed. I don't comment on you, sure as hell don't comment on me.

Thanks!

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

We can only be who we are and accepting ourselves is the first step in having others accept us for that as well. You know real beauty is from with in us and the outer shell no matter how different doesn't matter in the person inside is beautiful so will all aspects of that person be.

3. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

I wish it were easy to follow that way of thinking....

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It is hard to accept ourselves when others around us do not but if we are not good to ourselves then who will be. Be kind to you okay do something nice for you and make you happy Your worth it.