don't dare

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Wastingecho, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

spent the last two days in my daughter's private hell

when she left home, she adopted a kitten - slept with it, cared for it, loved it

then she moved back to the area in an apartment with some friends

she got home this weekend and could not find her cat

then she found the tear in the window screen and ran down 6 flights to find her cat

they tried to save her at the hospital but the injuries were too severe

my daughter was devastated, incoherent, and inconsolable - i tried but i knew no matter how much i wanted to fix it and take the pain away that there was nothing i could do, i was useless, and my heart started breaking as well

her boyfriend came over to help calm her and we had to quietly gang up on her just to get her to eat and rest

so help me if anyone suggests to her that this horrible tragedy was "part of god's plan" i will personally remove their spleen with a spoon

i kept it together for her sake for the last two days

now i'm back at work and can't seem to stop crying about the whole damned situation

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

It is terrible to lose a pet, especially if it's a traumatic death rather than just old age. I have been absolutely devastated every time I have had to have a pet put to sleep. I had my cat put to sleep back in May and it was the first time I ever had to take a pet to be put to sleep by myself and I was inconsolable after and felt like a cruel bitch. The look on her face as she passed will be an image that will never leave my mind, even though I know it was for the best. It's very sad and it will be raw for a while but as time passes the pain and hurt will become less. It's great that she had you and her boyfriend to help her through a difficult time, even if it seemed like you had to be quite firm with her at times. It can be overwhelming at times to deal with other people's pain when you are dealing with your own, and to be upset about it is a completely normal reaction. Just try not to dwell on it too much, because when we start ruminating that's when problems begin. It is very sad, but time is a great healer and your daughter will move on eventually.

3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Losing a furkid no matter how it happened is so devastating. You had a grand furkid, it was a huge part of a family.

Every single time. That's the price we pay for having them leave paw prints in our heart.

One advice is keep supporting her like a great dad you are being, everyone has their ways of grieving and you're entiled to do it in your way too.