Don't Get the issues...Valentine's Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can move this if needed..wasn't sure where it was supposed to go

I do not know if this is just me or if other people feel this way. I do not get why people are getting overworked by Valentine's Day. It's just another day, another 24 hour day, that will eventually pass just like the rest. Yes, I am alone too, but just because others have someone doesn't mean that I should be saying oh I want to hurt the people who are happy, joking or otherwise. I've been reading threads and posts from people saying they wish ill will on the happy couples. Isn't that just a waste of time? A waste of your energy that you could be expending on making yourself better??? I'm just curious as to why people are getting so overworkd about another simple day.

Yeah you are depressed, yeah others are happy but it doesn't mean you have to push yourself further down b/c of one day. FYI those happy people you are wishing ill will on were happy the day before Valentine's Day and the day after that and so on. So why waste your energy on one ordinary day?

symbolize love everyday..it's one damn day.
one day to be so angry for no reason...it's all so pointless.

hearts and such....it's just a paper heart and such. i buy a box of chocolate and gorge. it's just a day!!

JBird

i don't like valentines day, its over rated and major expensive, even if i did want to buy something. When i want to give someone something special i make it myself.

i agree with Kaja, t'is just a day like any other day. the businesses are just out to make money.

itmahanh

Senior Member & Antiquities Friend
Ok so then lets hate every holiday..... by color lol:

New Year's Eve/Day - too many colors, looks like they threw up!
Valentine's Day - Red then add a little white=pink what a wuzzy color.
St. Patrick's Day - who in their right mind drinks green beer?
Easter - all those pastel colored wittle wabbits bah!
Mother's day - too sparkly( hope that's a color).
Father's Day - whoa too much brown! Brown ties, brow hankies, brown candies...
Canada Day - can't even be original, back to red and white, thank goodness no pink!
August - couldn't even pick a color or a day!
Labor Day - fall colors, dead, blah!
Halloween - only one that gets a little nod, anybody can look good in black.
Remembrance Day - red again but oh so sad!
Christams - Bah Humbug! Red and green don't change the fact that it is all white outside! Don't warm the cockles of my heart.

Just trying to show you best to just laugh off any holiday. Any holiday is just another day as long as you look at it that way.

SirRob

I love the day AFTER valentines day. All the chocolate is like 70% off. It's so awesome.

However this is one of the 4 days that make me feel just how alone I am. That's why I don't like holidays. I refuse to celebrate any of them. However I will take the bargains on the food I like. XD

neutral

Valentine's day fascinates me because I don't understand it.

Its entertaining watching people trying to carry really delicate flowers in strong winds.

The strange almost ritual "surprise" of people sneaking around to put cards other peoples desks at work.

And lastly, the nice romantic meal in a extremely noisy and crowded restaurant, followed by the financial loss when the bill comes.

I may not ever celebrate Valentine's Day my self however its a great documentary to what. :laugh:

Its entertaining watching people trying to carry really delicate flowers in strong winds.

The strange almost ritual "surprise" of people sneaking around to put cards other peoples desks at work.

And lastly, the nice romantic meal in a extremely noisy and crowded restaurant, followed by the financial loss when the bill comes.

I may not ever celebrate Valentine's Day my self however its a great documentary to what. :laugh:
:rofl: don't forget the undeniable guilt after eating a whole box of chocolates and the financial loss of that gym membership that goes unused. :tongue:

BlackPegasus

I sold a lot of gifts over the past week and yesterday sold some engagement and wedding rings along with other jewelry. I was actually very happy to see so many people who truly love someone else. I realize some people felt they had to buy gifts but others seemed to really enjoy buying something for the one they love. I see nothing wrong with that. Anger and bitterness over it would only drive possible partners away in my view.

G

ggg456

:biggrin:

It's the feeling of having less than others.
It's not that we don't want others to be happy, it's the pain of not being as well off as others, and the whole val day just makes it all the more obvious.

It's the feeling of having less than others.
It's not that we don't want others to be happy, it's the pain of not being as well off as others, and the whole val day just makes it all the more obvious.
I agree, it almost makes you feel "abnormal" (not much of a reach there though :wink: ).

Fortunately its only one day a year best forgotten.

I agree, it almost makes you feel "abnormal" (not much of a reach there though :wink: ).

Fortunately its only one day a year best forgotten.

oh lord. it's over with and ppl are still posting.

ONE DAY A YEAR..now you can go waste money on clearanced candy.

next holiday to hate....st. patty's day. the green depresses me

Esmeralda

On V-Day, my hubby and I just go out to a really nice dinner or do something special that we plan together (same for anniversaries). Neither of us feel particularly obligated to go out and buy a bunch of crap for the other person and neither of us feels insulted if we don't. The option is there sure, if we want to surprise each other with something really cool, but it is never expected. Sometimes we plan a trip or an amazing dinner/night together. I personally like the fact that we both make an effort in planning our special holidays together because it really gives us something to look forward to and we both have equal input.

Sure sometimes we surprise each other with a special reservation or vacation or something, but we always tell each other in advance so that we can both enjoy the anticipation.

Except for our engagement. He really shocked the hell outta me on that one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00