dont know anymore

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by mknze, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mknze

mknze Member

this is my first post on here so i am not sure exactly what to do.

this past august I was told I had depression and anxiety after i thought about killing myself. I struggle a lot with anxiety and recently my struggle with depression has become just that a struggle. My support people changed and I accepted that it was my fault that i lost them as friends, was is it my fault?

I have always been a big Christian, but am I sinning by not being happy? by seeing the light? by wanting to throw the light in? I told my support person last night that I needed some time away from my phone and I am glad I found this place but can anyone assure me that holding on is the right thing to do.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

HI mknze not your fault no your illness does that it pushes people away it makes us isolate I too am glad you are here hun as together the fight is not so hard Holding on yes it is the right thing to do for YOU and your family hun hugs
  3. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

first posts are tough - tokk me a couple of weeks to work up the nerve - so good for you on that - and there is no "right way" to post - talk about how you feel, what you like, what you hate, pretty much anything at all - just look around the forum to find the best one to put the post in

i'm a lapsed catholic here so you can take this with a grain of salt but I can't seem to remember the commandment that makes not being happy or being ill a sin - and depression IS an illness - trust me depression is hard enough without adding your own guilt (i should know)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.