1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't know how to feel...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by FrainBart, Jun 24, 2013.

1. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

I have had a rather long term friend, known him for 10 years nearly. I used to have very strong feelings for him.

I know things were going rough for him with losing his job pretty much, his girlfriend was an immature cow, and life was not treating him well.

Havent spoken for a few weeks as things have been hectic for both of us. Today we spoke. He has split with his girlfriend, and though I havent felt that way about him for a few years, its bringing up those feelings. and I dont know whether they are real, and if not how can I surpress them. There is no way a relationship would happen between us, because I know we would lose each other as friends.
    Does anyone have any ideas how to address these feelings I have for him and to not do something stupid

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Often times, we cut off intimacy before we let it develop...is there a way to have a relationship with him without pre-determining what it is going to be? A 'let it happen" type of space that can range from good friend (with or without benefits) to something different...it seems neither of you are in a place where long term commitments would not be tainted by previous relationships, so maybe, withhold any longer term plans/thoughts and enjoy what you have together YOLO...you only live once...all the best