Don't know how to feel...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by FrainBart, Jun 24, 2013.

1. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

I have had a rather long term friend, known him for 10 years nearly. I used to have very strong feelings for him.

I know things were going rough for him with losing his job pretty much, his girlfriend was an immature cow, and life was not treating him well.

Havent spoken for a few weeks as things have been hectic for both of us. Today we spoke. He has split with his girlfriend, and though I havent felt that way about him for a few years, its bringing up those feelings. and I dont know whether they are real, and if not how can I surpress them. There is no way a relationship would happen between us, because I know we would lose each other as friends.
    Does anyone have any ideas how to address these feelings I have for him and to not do something stupid

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Often times, we cut off intimacy before we let it develop...is there a way to have a relationship with him without pre-determining what it is going to be? A 'let it happen" type of space that can range from good friend (with or without benefits) to something different...it seems neither of you are in a place where long term commitments would not be tainted by previous relationships, so maybe, withhold any longer term plans/thoughts and enjoy what you have together YOLO...you only live once...all the best